Monday, March 2, 2009

What Do You People Think Of Me?

I had a lot of fun putting together my truths and lies on Saturday. In fact, if you all enjoyed it anywhere near as much as I did, I may do another version sometime.

Looking at the answers some of you put up there, I'm beginning to wonder what you think of me. I was a little disappointed that not a single person thought me not remembering Little Miss's birthweight was a lie. And so many of you thought I was a lush in high school. And apparently many of you think I still bite my fingernails.

Without further ado, here's the answer key:

My first plane flight was when I was four years old.
False For some odd reason, I was on a plane at 6 months old. I'm not really sure what my parents were thinking or why they went on vacation with me at that point, as it isn't like they were made of money, but ... I was on a plane early.

I used to own a retired racehorse.
True I was way into horses ever since I was a little girl. I rode all the time and eventually moved to a barn where you had to own a horse to ride. I put it off as long as I could, but I eventually got a horse. He was off the track, which means he was a failed thoroughbred racehorse. His registered name was Antoine le Count. I quickly changed it to Schnaz (I was in high school so please don't ask why), and his show name was Going My Way. He was a pretty cool guy, and I miss him. Someday I'll start riding again.

I don't eat mushrooms.
True I have a lot of food issues. This is one of them. Mushrooms, especially their texture, just gross me out. I won't eat foods that have them in them. Even picking them out doesn't always do it, as there's an icky mushroom taste left behind frequently. I'm a PITA, I know.

I'm allergic to grass.
False Luckily. That is one of the (many) allergies that I would not want to have.

I've never been in a car accident.
False C'mon, have I not said anything about my mom's driving record? My mom who flipped her car three times going down an icy exit ramp and then used scissors to cut my sister out of her seatbelt (we were upsidedown) because she couldn't think to actually unbuckle the seatbelt? No? Oh. And ummm yeah. I've had a couple myself. Knock on wood not any in years and years.

I was admitted to medical school but never attended.
True Thank you for all you nice people who didn't immediately jump on this one as false. The people I work with usually chose this as my one lie. I wasn't sure how to take that. I went to Northwestern as part of their HPME program, where I was accepted to the NU medical school out of high school and would have done three years undergrad before graduating and moving to med school. Four weeks into my coursework, I realized that I hated science and didn't want to go to med school. Oops.

I never had a drop of alcohol until I was in college.
True Really, people. I'm disappointed at how many of you guessed that this was a lie. Actually, alcohol is a little too close. I know the problems that alcohol can cause, and I know that with my family's history I'm susceptible to issues, so I always stayed far away from it. I can count on one hand the times I can think of where I've been drunk, drunk. The fact that I hate to be out of control has nothing to do with it, I swear! But I did discover Peach Schnapp's my freshman year and would occasionally imbibe. But none of my friends in high school even drank.

I still bite my fingernails.
False And again, thank you people who think I still do! I did bite my fingernails for a long time growing up. I hated when I would get a hangnail or part of a nail would break off, so I'd chew at it to try to get it even again. Which never worked and always involved more and more evening until I had no nail left. My sixth grade teacher even bought and put on some spicy thing to try to get me to stop. I did at some point on my own, though. I still hate it when my nails aren't even though.

I can sing the alphabet backwards.
So true. So very true, in fact. Someday I'll video myself doing it. Maybe. When Mister Man was little, the only way to keep him quiet in the car was to sing to him. He hated being in the car and would cry and cry when he wasn't being touched or held. So I sang. A lot. The same songs over and over. Driving the forty-five minutes to my parents (fortunately, we're closer now), I could only sing the same song for so long. Eventually I entertained myself by singing the alphabet backwards -- among other made up songs. Ooo, I'll have to video Little Miss and her mouthwash song someday, speaking of fun made up songs.

I can't remember my daughter's birthweight.
True I hate to admit it, but ... I think she was 7'3" but I can't swear to it. I had a really hard birth with her in terms of my physical stability and health. I was violently ill, couldn't warm up after the surgery, didn't tolerate the morphine, etc. I feel like such a horrible mom for not knowing this. And I want to say that she was born at exactly 9:15am, but I can't swear to that either. I need to dig out her birth certificate. Second child syndrome, ya know?

I don't know how to swim the breast stroke.
False I do. Fortunately. I took swim lessons growing up because my mom doesn't know how to swim. (Truly, not at all would drown if in over her head in two seconds doesn't know how to swim) She felt it was really important. I never made it to the butterfly stroke part -- or at least I could never figure it out -- but I can do the breaststroke.

Phew! So what do you think? Kinda fun? Feel free to steal this idea if you want. And if I'm inspired (or uninspired rather), I think I will try this one out again!

13 comments:

MaBunny March 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Truly, I didn't think you were a lush, just that most people at one time or another in HS try alcohol. Gratz to you for not falling into that bunch.

Kori March 2, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

I really liked learning more things about you.

I love mushrooms.
On pizza. In sauce. With butter and garlic. mmm yummy.

septembermom March 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM  

Thanks for sharing those interesting tidbits about you. How cool to own a horse!! I also have no desire to eat a mushroom. This was a great idea for a game : )

morninglight mama March 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Woo-hoo! Okay, about the birthweight one- I figured that it HAD to be true, because I couldn't imagine that someone would think to make that one up! :)

Fun fun stuff!

Raevyn March 2, 2009 at 8:18 PM  

I can't stand mushrooms either. or tomatoes. I'll probably put something like that together on my blog, if I ever start having readers... I'm still pretty new at the whole blogging thing.

Jill March 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

What do I think of you??? I think you are a GREAT person. I didn't do that bad on my answers. ;)

I really want to see you singing the abc's backwards.. half the time I can't do it the right way. LOL!

Debbie March 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

I knew the alphabet was true because I had read a comment you left somewhere about that. Of course, I got them all right:)

Michelle March 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

MaBunny - I know. I'm exaggerating. It was entertaining to see what people thought was true and false.

Kori - Thanks! I thought this was fun. But I'm not going out to eat with you ;)

septembermom - You're welcome. Glad you enjoyed it, too.

morninglight mama - Yeah well, you'll have to see what I come up with next time. I'm going to make up some GOOD stuff. Bwah ha ha!

Raevyn - My husband can't stand tomatoes, and I looooove them. But his parents don't like cheese, which I don't get either. Definitely go for this if you want. Good luck with your blog :)

Jill - Awwww, you're so sweet. And yes, you did a good job on your answers. I promise to make and create a video of me singing the ABCs backwards soon. My definition of soon of course.

Debbie - See! When you pay attention, you get the answers right. Very impressive memory. And of course you got them all right... in your head where you guessed ;)

Cookie March 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

That was a tough test! I can't remember my kids' birthweight either. Shhh... dont' tell them, ok? ;)

Melisa Wells March 3, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Shoot! I was too busy to come and guess over the weekend. Oh well.

I'm totally with ya (surprise, surprise) on the mushrooms. ICK!

This was really fascinating. Thanks for sharing all of that!

Michelle March 3, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Cookie - Thanks, that makes me feel a whole lot better actually :)

Melisa - Bummer... I was looking forward to seeing what you'd come up with. And of COURSE you don't like mushrooms!

Angela March 7, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

I loved this game and love learning more about you! I probably botched all the answers but I hope you'll forgive me!

But I am sad that you don't like mushrooms. They are SOOO good!

Michelle March 7, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Angela - Of course I don't hold it against you. The whole thing made me giggle... and I keep thinking of fun new ones to do in awhile.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP