Monday, November 29, 2010

It's An Honest To Goodness Miracle!

Yesterday morning, I was doing my best to sleep in. The sign was up, meaning that the wee ones would at least allow us to sleep until 7:45 - and hopefully longer. I'd been unceremoniously awakened the four previous days when I would have had a chance to sleep in, and I was really needing to catch up on my beauty sleep as I could feel my crab-o-meter slowly creeping higher.

I was peacefully slumbering, in fact I was having a wonderful dream. Then I started hearing grumblings coming from the bathroom across the hall. Mutterings about it not being where it was supposed to be and how this wasn't working the way it was supposed to, following by grunting and groaning. My sweet dreams for the night were over.

Mister Man burst into my room and practically tackled me on the bed. Mom! Mom! Guess what I just did?

What? I murmured sleepily, almost afraid to hear the answer.

Mom, I did it! The toilet paper ran out, and I put on a new roll all by myself! He was practically bursting with pride.

Really? You changed the toilet paper roll? In the bathroom? Because it was empty? And no one told you? And you figured out how? Dude, I am so proud of you.

I think it's my finest parenting moment ever. Ever.




Current Giveaways:
$50 77kids gift certificate here
Little Wonders Company personalized hardcover book here
$25 Build-A-Bear Workshop gift card here

9 comments:

Melisa Wells November 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM  

Oh gosh, that's awesome. LIFE LONG SKILL, and he'll make a woman super-happy one day!

(er, another woman. Besides YOU.)

Susie November 30, 2010 at 6:22 AM  

That's right...teach those men early that it isn't just a woman's job:-) Hee, hee, hee!

Pat November 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM  

I know a family with 5 kids and the DAD is the only one who ever puts the new roll of TP on the holder (he told me that)...so Hoo-Rah for Mister Man!

Hyacynth November 30, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

LOL! My HUSBAND -- a grown man -- doesn't even do that! Nice job, mama.

Michelle December 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Melisa - That's assuming this wasn't a one time fluke. I am hoping that the overabundance of praise helps the incident repeat.

Susie - And not just Mommy's job, too!

Pat - Huh, a Dad does it? Innnnteresting. My husband isn't ... the best at it.

Hyacynth - Tell your husband that a seven year old is doing something he can't do and see how that works ;)

septembermom December 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

It that happened in my house by one of my three boys, I would declare a national holiday!!! Good job Mister Man!

Michelle December 6, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Kelly - I'm not sure how it happened. Or if it will ever happen again. HOWEVER, it was the one day I wasn't unhappy that he woke me up ;)

Anonymous February 1, 2011 at 8:23 AM  

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :).

Michelle February 2, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Anon - Yikes, I hope that isn't a hint from someone at The Chicago Moms to get my act together and post! Oops.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP