Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

The other day, I bought fish while at Costco. I hadn't made any in awhile, and for all the love we have of it, it was about time. I accidentally bought steelhead (a kind of trout) instead of salmon, and I wanted to make something with it that wasn't my usual cedar plank grilled salmon - since the taste is a little different.

Oh, and it was a day where the wee ones needed to get out the door and have a healthy dinner before they went, so I needed to make it quick. And yummy. And I didn't have time to search around for the perfect recipe. I remember having found a recipe recently that was a steamed orange fish, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

So I made my own version. The two plus pounds of fish? Gone. There was a little left over for lunches, but everyone devoured it. Phew!

Orange Salmon (or other fish)

Ingredients:
2 pounds salmon fillet, skin on (or steelhead or other similar fish)
1 orange
2 T honey
2 T olive oil
salt
pepper


Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 or your grill to medium. Place the fish skin side down on a sheet of aluminum foil. Salt and pepper it to your taste (sprinkling, in my case).

In a separate bowl, zest your orange, then juice it into the bowl. Add the honey and olive oil, and whisk until it is well combined. It the honey is old, heat the mixture for 10-15 seconds so the honey melts enough to combine with the other ingredients.

Use a pastry brush to spread the sauce on the fish, or simply pour it over the fish and use a pastry brush to ensure all surfaces are coated.

Fold up the aluminum foil to create a tent, leaving room for the steam to form. Learn from me, and place the aluminum foil into an oven safe dish. Bake it at 350/grill it at medium for approximately ten minutes. Open the foil at that point and turn up the heat to broil the fish for an additional seven or so minutes.



Serve immediately, and enjoy. Not surprisingly, we served ours with spinach. Oh was it delicious. And fast. And easy.

Enjoy this and more at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Blessed With Grace!




Current Giveaways:
Fiber One Prize Pack including a $25 gift card here
InchBug Bumpy Orbit Labels here
MASTERMIND and Animal Mastermind Towers board games here
$50 77kids gift certificate here
Little Wonders Company personalized hardcover book here
$25 Build-A-Bear Workshop gift card here

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP