Wednesday, November 10, 2010

And Thank You For Nutella, Too?

Mister Man joined the Boy Scouts this year. He is a Tiger Scout and so far loving every minute of it. We'll see if that holds true after this weekend, when he has his first two day camping trip in caves somewhere in Wisconsin. It's such a shame I'll be missing that, but it really is a Daddy duty kind of thing, don't you think?

Last night, he had a den meeting. At each den meeting (the forty-five minute den meeting, which is why he got home an hour and fifteen minutes after is "ended"), they do an activity that relates to their theme. This month was thankfulness (perfect for Thanksgiving, right?) where they toured a local fire station to learn how much work and effort goes into being a fireman and how appreciative they are (should be?) to those who serve and protect us. Side note: did you know that the fire fighters at this station are required to work out for ninety minutes for every shift they work? I'm so impressed.

The craft they came home with is a chain that shows the things they are thankful for. I'm pretty sure someone started them off with a few ideas, but then it's very obvious that the children were given free rein. Mister Man couldn't wait to show me his when he walked in the door last night.

He is thankful for:

The Earth

God

Family

Me (meaning him - not meaning me, Mommy)

Dinosaurs

Star Wars

Ancient Creatures

The Universe


Really, it's too cute. Does it make me a bad mom that I can't stop giggling at some of the items he put on his chain?



Current Giveaways:
Family pass to the Chicago Toy and Game Fair in Chicago November 20 or 21 here
Activeion ionator HOM $180RV here

10 comments:

Pat November 10, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

No, you're a loving mom who is delighted with her son. So cute!

Joanna Jenkins November 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM  

I am loving that list :-) Your Scout sounds like a big thinker-- and that picture is bursting with pride.

Thanks for sharing.
jj

Claudya Martinez November 10, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

The chain is cute, but he is cuter.

Tara R. November 11, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

Great thankful chain (loved 'ancient creatures), but that smile says it all. Mister Man is just way too cute.

Anonymous November 11, 2010 at 5:45 PM  

Your son will love the cave place - it is likely the place I went with boy scouts years ago and it was a lot of fun- your old friend James

Michelle November 11, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

Pat - Phew! There's enough that I do to make me a bad mom. I'd hate to add this to the list ;)

Joanna - Ummm yes. A big thinker would describe him quite well!

Unknown Mami - Awww, you're too sweet. I do happen to agree with you though - even with the untucked shirt....

Tara - Ummm yeah, the ancient creatures was pretty special, but oh so him.

James - I hope he does. Did I mention cave camping somewhere? I am losing it. I'll have to shoot you an email.

Mrs4444 November 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

He looks absolutely adorable in his uniform!! What a sweetie.

Michelle November 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

Mrs4444 - Awwww thanks! I bet you remember when Kyle looked like that in his uniform. I can only hope he stays so proud!

Karen November 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM  

I love the thankful chain idea! And it's not weird - he's a boy. It's industry standard at his age.

Michelle November 16, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Karen - Credit goes to the Boy Scouts. And I'm so glad to have friends with older boys who can tell me this isn't just my weird child :)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP