Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This Is The Greatest Birthday Present Ever

As I was getting ready this morning, Little Miss wandered into the bathroom to chat. She peered up at me with her innocent brown eyes, Mommy, is today your birthday?

Why, yes, Peanut, it is. Why do you ask? I returned, smiling at her.

Her brow furrowed, and her eyes narrowed with concern. Well, if it's your birthday, then we need to make your birthday present right away!

That's very kind of you sweetie. I don't really need presents from you though.

She stood staring at me a moment, not quite sure what to do or say. I could see the wheels turning before inspiration struck. I know, Mommy! I'm going to give you lots of hugs and kisses!

With that, she leapt into my arms - fortunately, I caught her - and began kissing my cheek repeatedly. And really? What else could I possibly want for my birthday?


Ok ok ok, if you really want to give me a present, go enter my giveaways below. I love seeing lots of entries, and who couldn't use some early holiday "shopping" of a sort?



Current Giveaways:
Fiber One Prize Pack including a $25 gift card here
InchBug Bumpy Orbit Labels here
MASTERMIND and Animal Mastermind Towers board games here

$50 77kids gift certificate here
Little Wonders Company personalized hardcover book here
$25 Build-A-Bear Workshop gift card here

10 comments:

septembermom November 24, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Happy Birthday Michelle!!!! Hugs and kisses are the sweetest birthday gifts of all :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! I know it will be good if you're cooking :)

BPOTW November 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Who could ask for a better gift! Hope your birthday is a great one!

Hyacynth November 24, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Happy birthday, Michelle!!!

Pat November 25, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Happy belated birthday, Michelle! Your daughter is such a sweetie pie! I had a mini surprise birthday party for Jerry last night (though his actual birthday is today, Nov. 25th, Thanksgiving). He had no clue about it ahead of time, so that was fun, and our eldest son and family arrived just in time for dinner, having just driven 10 hours from SoCal.

Melisa Wells November 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

She's so cute. I'm glad you had a great day!

Melisa Wells November 25, 2010 at 10:13 PM  

She's so cute. I'm glad you had a great day!

Mrs4444 November 25, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

Happy belated Birthday, Michelle!!!! :) I agree--Hugs and kisses are the best presents a kid could give, no matter what age :)

Michelle November 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Kelly - Thanks! I made rolls, but that was my only contribution to dinner. That's the benefit of those large family gatherings, right?

Betty - Not me. I love the surprise gifts like that!

Hyacnyth - Thanks!

Pat - How fun for Jerry. I love the surprise party ideas, especially when special guests make it. Happy birthday to him.

Melisa - Awwww, thanks - although you at least had the benefit of hearing this story in person, right? Thanks again for the cards. I love 'em!

Mrs4444 - Definitely the best. I love that she thought of it with no prompting by anyone.

Anonymous November 30, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

How sweet is she! I'm sure that was indeed the best present :)

Michelle December 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

Patty - It was awesome. She still talks about it now, which I find so sweet. Ahhhhh...

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP