Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

With Little Miss having been sick this week, I haven't done a lot of new cooking. She's spent the majority of the week not eating much and attached to me like a barnacle.

When Grandpa called on Thursday to see how she was doing, he wanted to know if we'd made cookies yet - his cure all. We hadn't, but that put the bug in Little Miss's ear. I talked her out of the standard chocolate chip cookies, and we pulled out our recipe books to see if we could find something we wanted to make.

We came up with two recipes. One was a new one that I tweaked (too overly sweet as it was written) and one that was a cookie I used to make with my Gram.

Lacy Cookies

Ingredients:
2 c oatmeal
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 T flour
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t salt
1/4 t nutmeg, fresh grated

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350.

Mix together the oatmeal, sugars, salt, nutmeg, and flour. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Drop onto a sil pat lined cookie sheet (they will stick so grease a cookie sheet well if you don't have a sil pat). I used the size of a smallish chocolate chip cookie, which was actually pretty good as they spread hugely when baking. I would use my next size down scoop the next time I make these, but they tasted good regardless!

Bake the cookies for approximately 15 minutes until they turn a lovely golden brown. Allow them to cool completely before you remove them from the sil pat to avoid them breaking apart.


Interestingly, it wasn't until after I'd finished making these that I realized these were dairy free and with only minor tweaks could also be gluten free. How I missed that, I'm not sure. Annnnnd yes, by the time I got a chance to take a picture, there was truly only one cookie left. They are good!

Enjoy this and more at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Blessed With Grace!



Current Giveaways:

Family 4 pack of tickets to Ringling Brothers in Chicago at the UC November 17 here
Family Taco Night prize pack here
Wendy's gift card here

5 comments:

Laura Marchant November 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM  

Sounds yummy! I need to bake more.

septembermom November 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Looks so good!!!

Michelle, thanks so much for your friendship, support and advice during my husband's job hunt. We're a little battle weary now, but we're trying to regroup and figure something out. I know we will get something one way or the other :) Thanks again. Hugs!

Michelle November 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Midwest Mommy - With the cold temperatures coming on, don't we all? :)

Kelly - They were really good. And I do mean *were*! I know you've been working hard trying to figure things out, but you'll get there. I have faith!

Brandie November 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM  

Yummy! I think I vaguely remember eating those in my childhood. Hmmm ... I guess I just have to make them to be sure ;-)

Michelle November 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Brandie - I like the way you think. Yep, go make 'em JUST to be sure ;)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP