Sunday, February 8, 2009

You Thought They Were Good Because They're Good....

I always thought that some people were intrinsically good... that they were good because they wanted to be good. Yet another myth was shattered this afternoon.

Mister Man: Mommy, did you know that Santa and God talk to each other?
Me: Really? No, I didn't know that. Why do you think that is?
Mister Man: Because they're both good guys.
Me: Oh. I suppose that makes sense.
Little Miss: And they don't go to jail.
Mister Man: Nope, they never go to jail because... because... because they live in the sky.
Me: And living in the sky means they don't go to jail?
Mister Man: Yeah. Policemen can't fly, don'tcha know. And their police cars can't fly, so they can't arrest God or Santa so they never go to jail.

Huh. I always thought it was because neither God nor Santa did anything that would require being arrested. Little did I know!

9 comments:

Katie Lane February 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Kids are so funny!

Young Momma February 8, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

LOL! I love the way kids think!!

Melisa Wells February 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM  

Good logic, though. :)

Karen February 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

When put into that light...

Heather February 9, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Ah, so good to know these things. He's a thinker...that one.

Barb February 9, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Makes perfect sense to me! Oh, BTW ~ you were one of the winners of my give away. Drop me a line with your snail mail address and I'll get your package out asap. Thanks for playing!

Debbie February 9, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

Ah, the old "flying away from the cops" story.

Jen February 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

That's adorable!! :)

Michelle February 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Katie Lane - Aren't they though? Whenever I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is listen to them for just a bit.

Young Momma - So creative, right? If only I could retain some of that as I ummmm age.

Melisa - Yeah. We're all about the logic around here. Just ask him why he doesn't want to be a garbageman when he grows up....

Karen - Yeah, I know. Never thought of it that way, did you?

Jill - Most definitely. If only I were still that funny on my own!

Heather - Yes, yes he is! And I'm in so much trouble as soon as he gets smarter than me.

Barb - I know. Sadly, it does make sense when they explain it this way, doesn't it? And thanks so much!

Debbie - Yeah, that old yarn. I'll have to try it the next time the cops are after me ;)

Jen - Thanks. Gotta love the kids!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP