Saturday, February 28, 2009

Set Me Up In Vegas

Apparently I'm a good liar. I don't try to be, and in general, I don't lie. Often. And not about important things.

This week, my work had a getting to know you activity among a few different functions (I know, I know -- we really should all know each other by now but whatever). Before we had lunch, we were all to write down two truths and one lie on a sticky note and then place this on our nametags.

We then walked around and tried to figure out who was telling the truth about what and who was lying. Almost no one guessed which were my truths, but I was over ninety percent accurate in pegging other people. If only I knew how to play poker....

I'm not sure what this says about me, but I'm interested to see if you do any better. Below are several statements. Some are true, and some are not. Can you pick out which are the lies?

My first plane flight was when I was four years old.

I used to own a retired racehorse.

I don't eat mushrooms.

I'm allergic to grass.

I've never been in a car accident.

I was admitted to medical school but never attended.

I never had a drop of alcohol until I was in college.

I still bite my fingernails.

I can sing the alphabet backwards.

I can't remember my daughter's birthweight.

I don't know how to swim the breast stroke.

What do you think? I'll give you a clue. Of these items, five are not true. Can you figure them out?

14 comments:

septembermom February 28, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

I'll take a shot.

Lies: allergic to grass; used to own a racehorse, don't eat mushrooms; first plane flight at 4; daughter's birth weight.

Fun post! Looking forward to see the "truth" in your next post :)

Unknown February 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

My stabs at the lies (otherwise know as a complete guess):
mushrooms
car accident
alcohol
medical school
daughter's birthweight

Jill February 28, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

False are:
The alphabet
Your daughters birth weight
race horse
breath stroke
alcohol...

Ritch in Love February 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM  

Hi! Stopping by from SITS rollcall! I want to play! Since I just met you and your blog is so pretty I'm going to say you don't bite your fingernails.But that's as daring as I'll get!

MaBunny March 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

allergic to grass, can't breaststroke, remembering daughters birthweight, mushrooms and no drinking alcohol till college.

Michelle March 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

septembermom - Ooo, good idea. This will be Monday's post to give plenty of time for guesses :) And you got two of the five correct.

Dan - Way to play along! You have one of the five correct.

Jill - You also have one of the five correct.

Ritch in Love - Thanks :) I like the way you think. I can't decide whether to admit that is one of the truths or the lies....

MaBunny - You've also got two of the five correct. It's so interesting to see what people think of me when I see their guesses!

Karen March 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

If I knew you better this would be easier, you know.

fingernails
mushrooms
alphabet
grass
plane flight

morninglight mama March 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

So, I was going to try to compare the answers you've gotten already and the stats you responded with, but I got confused and it's the end of a weekend so my brain is basically fried.

And then I tried to go with logic or "What would she put in here that we would instantly go for but is really true?" thinking, but then I got even more tired.

So, my sorta-random, sorta-thought-through guesses:
1. mushrooms
2. grass allergy
3. no car accidents
4. bite nails
5. no breaststroke

Angela March 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM  

Oh fun! Okay, I am guessing these five were the lies:

(1) mushrooms
(2) med school
(3) car accident
(4) alcohol
(5) swimming breast stroke

This is a fun game - we've had something like this at our office before too. I enjoyed it and no one guessed right as to which of mine were lies. LOL! Who knows what that means, but it was funny!

Michelle March 1, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Karen - I know... it would be, but this shows (in some ways) how close people have been reading my blog and what they gain from my personality. It's all in fun. You have three of the five correct. I think that's the highest so far!

morninglight mama - I know... I'd have to create a spreadsheet if it were me (not that I'd EVER do something like that!). You have four of the five correct!

Angela - Apparently we both need to head to Vegas and play some poker! You've got 2 of the five correct.

Debbie March 1, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

I never get these right. Never. So, I'll just wait and come back to read the real answers.

Cookie March 1, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Here's my guess.
Lies:

I don't eat mushrooms.

I'm allergic to grass.

I still bite my fingernails.

I can't remember my daughter's birthweight.

I don't know how to swim the breast stroke.

morninglight mama March 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM  

4/5= woo-hoo! We're waiting with bated breath for the answers! :)

Michelle March 2, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

Debbie - What fun is that? It's all about guessing and being wrong for the fun of the guess :)

Cookie - Not bad... you also got three of the five right.

morninglight mama - I think you win. You were the only one to get four of the five right :) Go check ... answers are up now!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP