Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yep, We Need More Drugs

We've all met her. It's very rarely a him; in fact, I can't think of any male afflicted with this disease. The worst part of the disease is that she doesn't know she has it. She thinks everything is fine, and she typically surrounds herself with those who enable her behavior and encourage her.

The rest of us, though, we cringe off to the side, just hoping that we aren't sprayed with the buckshot of her attitude. We don't understand her, and we know there's no talking to her trying to get her to change.

But now. There's a new drug available that will help everyone.

No longer will there be women caught in the throes of cheer. No more overenthusiastic, scaring the Disney chipmunks laughing and giggling and exclaiming. She can finally take it down a level. Once again, she will have appropriate reactions because not everything is that "cute" or "OMG, AWEsome" or worse yet, "the cutie-wootie-est, wittow, itty-bitty, pwecious" anything.

Our ears will thank us. Those afraid of surprise hugs will thank us. And our gag reflexes will thank us.

I can't stop laughing.



My husband sent that to me. And he promises it isn't because I need Despondex but because I find these people a little scary. Ok and it's possible that sometimes we spend the evening on the couch just totally vegging. Like a normal couple.

4 comments:

Sarah February 21, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

The natural Treatment...a diet of corn syrup and white bread and a total lack of exercise...LOL!!

This is hilarious!

septembermom February 21, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Such a funny post! They always say that anything "too sweet" can't be good for you : ) Thanks for dropping by my blog!!

Katie Lane February 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM  

Nice. Come by my blog, I have an award for you!

Michelle February 22, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Sarah - That was one of the better parts... you know, the homeopathic cures.

septembermom - I agree. Those saccharine sweet people are just a bit too much sometimes!

Katie Lane - Thanks. I have to warn you that I'm notoriously bad with awards, BUT I'll still stop over of course :)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP