Sunday, February 22, 2009

Karma Is Not My Friend

Last night, my husband went to bed before me by a couple minutes. By the time I finished straightening things up downstairs and getting my mug of water, he was laying in bed and watching tv.

Since I'm usually the one who has the television on minimal volume when I fall asleep, it is kept on my channel. That television is basically a Food Network television. My husband though... not so into the Food Network.

When I walked into the room, the television was on a different channel. Nope, not ESPN (good guess though). Not Comedy Central (another good guess). Not the nightly news. Not the Simpsons on Fox. Nope, not my husband. He was watching the Weather Channel.

My husband is one of those Weather Channel junkies. He actually has a favorite weather guy -- but don't ask me the name. He likes to watch the progress of extreme weather -- in other locales. He thinks it's fascinating. I think it's weird.

As I realized what he was watching, I started to giggle. And make fun of him. I did the big loser sign with my hands on my forehead. Still giggling, I bent down to take off my jeans.

The three years of yoga weren't enough. My ankle somehow got caught in the heel of the jeans. I started to lose my balance and could feel my weight shifting backwards. I had two choices, and I had to decide quickly. I could either hop backwards hoping to regain my balance with both legs in the jeans but one leg half out, or I could try to sit down quickly and control my fall.

I chose option b. I neglected to account for the large magazine basket sitting next to the nightstand behind me. I neglected to notice how sharp the edge of the magazine basket is.

I quickly found out, however, as I sat on the handle of said basket. With all my weight, and the momentum of my fall. As I knocked the basket over, I continued to fall, and the basket ended up atop me. My feet went over my head, and my pride was lost somewhere amidst all the mess.

My husband, on the other hand, thought that it was perfect. He couldn't even offer to help me up because he was laughing so hard.

Thanks, Karma. I didn't really need that bruise. For some reason, though, my husband thinks I did.

17 comments:

Unknown February 22, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

I'm not laughing, nope not me, sorry, but the visual was rather funny.
p.s. When my hubby watches the weather channel I refer to it as old man's MTV

Hccm February 22, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

If I laugh any harder I will go into labor. Thanks for the laugh of the century.

Is it wrong that I read it 2x, so I could laugh again?

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Melisa Wells February 22, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Um, I'm *trying* not to laugh. But I sorta can't help it.

I'm all OVER that "L" for Loser regarding the Weather Channel though. Guess who else's husband loves to watch that?

(your twin)

Hope your butt feels better soon!

Young Momma February 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

LMAO!!! Oh that was good. Karma lubs you! LOL

septembermom February 22, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

You described the fall so vividly! So sorry that you had to get a bruise in order to give him a chuckle : ( I'm also a big Food Network fan. My husband gets excited about weather too. What I hate is when he watches something like "Ice Road Truckers". Not very interesting to me!

MaBunny February 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM  

been there , done that kind of fall. it is quite embarrassing and colorful ( referring to resulting bruise.)
Your description however was pretty funny! Hope you are ok now.

Katie Lane February 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

Ha ha this made me laugh a lot! My hubby would have laughed at me too.

Michelle February 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

Megryansmom - I am SOOO using that moniker the next time I catch my husband watching the Weather Channel. Thanks!

Stesha - Yes. That's very wrong. And mean to rub in how funny you found it, too. Oh. Wait. That's why I posted it, wasn't it? :)

Melisa - Actually, I had to sleep on the *other* side last night. And it's kinda sore today. And of COURSE your husband is into the Weather Channel. Why am I not surprised?

Young Momma - Yep, just like everyone else ;) I just didn't think it would umm bite me in the a$$ so quickly though!

septembermom - Ice Road Truckers? Seriously? I suppose with this many channels, there really is a show for EVERYone!

MaBunny - I'm ok now, but my pride is still MIA. And the buise is quite colorful at the moment, thanks.

Katie Lane - Granted, I probably would have laughed at myself if I could see it. And if it didn't hurt so badly. Glad you were entertained!

anymommy February 22, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

At least he didn't make the loser sign back at you?! ;-) I agree, the bruise was over the top, karma is now on your side.

Cookie February 22, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

ROFL! Hope you are feeling better :)

Michelle February 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

anymommy - It's possible that he was trying to make the sign back but wasn't physically capable due to the spasms of laughter rocking his body.

Cookie - Thanks! I'm doing better, but again... my pride is still battered. Especially since this isn't my first issue like this. Do you remember my jump rope incident?

Irene February 25, 2009 at 9:06 AM  

LOL! You sound exactly like me. I am always doing something incredibly stupid and my husband just laughs his ass off at me. Meanie.

Oh - and interestingly enough...my husband is also absolutely a weather channel junkie. That is weird-scary!

Michelle February 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

Irene - So glad it isn't just me! And ummm yeah. I'm finding that the weather channel fetishes are more common than I'd thought!

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 2:29 AM  

LOL!
Nice one

Michelle March 3, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Sorcerer - Yeah... it's pretty special, I know. If only I could have had the video.

MJW March 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Sorry but this post made me laugh out loud at work :)

Michelle March 5, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

BeeHappy - At least some good came from this then, right?

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP