Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh. Yeah, You!

Just after Thanksgiving, we received an invitation to a Christmas party. It isn't the only invitation we received, but it was the only one that confused me. It was addressed to the entire family, but it wasn't one of my friends.

I assumed it was one of my husband's teacher colleagues. I know many of their names, but not all of them. I'd never heard of Susan or Don, so I hung it up on the calendar board and left it for my husband to deal with.

A week or so later, I asked him about it. He had never heard of them either. Now I was getting a little creeped out. I checked the names again. I took a look at the address to see if maybe it was someone from Mister Man's or Little Miss's preschool or daycare classes, but no dice.

How did they get our name? And our address?

I never did RSVP, as I wasn't really sure of the etitquette. How do you call someone and say, "Hi, we received an invitation to your Christmas party, and we'd love to come, but ummm who the heck are you? We're trying to figure out where we know you from." If anyone has the Emily Post on that one, let me know.

Needless to say, the season got busy, and somehow the 2009 calendar somehow got hung over the invitation, and I forgot about it.

Well, until this this morning anyway. I suddenly realized where I'd heard the name Susan X from. Don I still wasn't sure of (they had different last names but were co-hosting the party). She's one of the wardens at our new church.

Yep, our nice, friendly church that we love so much. Ahhhh. The lightbulb has gone on finally. So ummm next year when they invite us to their party after we never RSVPed this year and just blew them off, I'll know why we got the invitation.

And I promise to call them to let them know whether or not we're able to attend. Now that I know who they are and all.

8 comments:

MaBunny February 2, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

Yeah the lightbulb burns a little when it dawns like that doesn't it? i've had that happen before

Melisa Wells February 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Whooops! I hate when that kind of stuff happens. At least you remembered, eventually!

Michelle February 2, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

MaBunny - I love that phrase. I'm doing to have to remember it!

Melisa - Ummm yeah. Eventually, I did. I figure it's sorta too late to RSVP now though, huh?

Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 8:17 PM  

We were invited to a wedding once and we never could figure out who they were!

Karen February 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Niiiiiice. I love it.

Aunt Julie February 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Oops! A Holiday Faux Pas!! But if she's as nice as you say she is, I'm sure all will be forgiven when you 'fess up.

The Blonde Duck February 3, 2009 at 5:19 AM  

Doesn't that drive you nuts when that happens? It's so akward!

Michelle February 3, 2009 at 8:48 AM  

Katrine - Ouch, I think that's worse. But really... why would you invite someone to your wedding who wouldn't even know who you are? I wouldn't feel bad about that one.

Karen - Yeah... it's pretty special, isn't it?

Veggie Mom - Orrrrr I could just pretend it never happened. I would still need someone to point her out to me when I go to church next Sunday :)

The Blonde Duck - Yep, it's not a situation I like being in. At least she didn't call to check on the RSVP!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP