Monday, February 16, 2009

Thanks, Dear!

So I'm sure you've all been waiting with bated breath to see what my husband got me for Valentine's Day. I mean, c'mon, it's a special day, right? And he's learned.

He knows not to do flowers. The cats jump up on the counters and eat them. Every time. And I'm only into really good chocolate, but he doesn't know what that is, so he avoids pretty much all chocolate. I don't really do cards, so he no longer sends me cards. And thankfully, he never thought lingerie made for a good Valentine's Day gift.

Instead, here's what he got:



What, you don't think the basket full of plastic sticks is a good gift?

Oh. Yeah. Only the sticks are left. We ummm (and by "we" I mean my husband and the wee ones AND me but mostly the wee ones, in particular Mister Man) sorta ate it all already.

Originally it was a fruit bouquet. It had lots of chocolate dipped strawberries (yum yum yum yum!). And heart and flower shaped pineapples. And cute little grapes that look like ferns. Or something. Did I mention the chocolate dipped strawberries?

Yeah, sorry I didn't get a picture before it all disappeared, but I promise to try harder next year. Yeah, I know. I'm presumptuous, aren't I?

So what did you get?

12 comments:

bernthis February 17, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Flowers you can eat!! brilliant.

Young Momma February 17, 2009 at 1:49 AM  

LOL That's an awesome gift and I love the after thought picture.

Debbie February 17, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

How clever you are! I loved this stick photo. What a great Valentine gift too.

Karen February 17, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

What a great idea! I would have loved to have seen it before it was eaten. But I would have probably licked me screen. Chocolate covered strawberries...

Michelle February 17, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

bernthis - Yep, I'm with ya. They may not last as long as flowers, but I certainly enjoy them more ;)

Young Momma - Well, I had to show SOME picture of it. This is a good one that my husband has found (which is rare sometimes!) ;)

Debbie - Ummm yeah. Clever. That's me! It is sort of fun though.

Karen - Well we can't have you licking the screen. If you promise you can restrain yourself, I'll post a before picture next time ;)

BloggessJ February 17, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

I'm jealous...I didn't get anything AND I had to work.

Cookie February 17, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

That is cute. I love chocolate covered strawberries too!

Michelle February 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Jamie - Oops, sorry. That's a bummer on both counts! Next year, right?

Cookie - Yep, good husband! Plus, he picked up sushi for sick me on Valentine's, too.

anymommy February 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Yum. I got roses, cliche, but still lovely.

Michelle February 18, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Stacey - It's Valentine's. That in itself is a cliche. Then again, a friend of mine's husband had a whole chocolate shop come to her house for a chocolate and cheese and wine tasting. I got to sample one of the MONGO caramel chocolate apples that were left over yesterday, and ... I'm officially jealous!

Angela February 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Too funny! I totally understand because I am forever remembering - too late - to photograph something for blog purposes.

We are still doing financial penance for the pool construction project, so we did not swap gifts, but had a nice dinner with steaks, sweet potatoes and broccoli and watched a movie (pretty good one - "good night, and good luck" with George Clooney). I also made these chocolate peanut butter ganache cakes (that I will blog, I swear it!) that were delightfully tasty but... um... not so much on the coming out of the pan easily, as promised, part. They are sort of souffle-like in texture, so did not fare well with the necessary manhandling to get them out of the pan. Next time, note to self: forego fancy-cutesy heart-shaped silicone muffin mold. Use sturdy, regular muffin pan.

Happy week!

Michelle February 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Angela - At least I'm not the only one! And penance for the pool? It's totally worth it, right? Did you like your movie? I was not a fan when I saw it on a plane a couple years ago. And I'm for eathing yummy souffle things in the pan. Oooo now I have a taste for cheese souffle. Hmm.... Glad you enjoyed your day!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP