Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What Is WRONG With People?

I'm so grossed out. So totally grossed out. I was flipping through the television the other night and happened upon a very old version of The Family Feud. It was hosted by someone I'd never seen before -- anyone know who the white haired host with a big nose was and when he hosted?

Anyway. The question was: Name something you do in the shower besides wash your body.

#1 Sing -- ok, totally reasonable answer.

#2 Shave -- I've heard of people doing this. Oh wait. I do this. :)

#3 Shampoo hair -- Well, ummm duh! How did only

#4 Make love -- Eight people said this. Odd that this would be the first thing that eight out of a hundred people would come up with, but I can see this. Not saying I've ever done this, but ... actually, I'm not going to touch that one.

#5 -- I gotta save this one for later.

#6 Brush teeth -- Five people brush their teeth, which is sorta icky, but it's not as bad as number five!

#7 Clean the shower -- and his response after hearing the previous answers "Well, they certainly had good reason to!"

*sigh*

So what do you think seven people out of a hundred chose as the something they do in the shower besides washing their bodies? Anyone? Anyone?

They "tinkle" - yes, you read that right. Seven out of a hundred people use the shower as a toilet. And that was the first thing they could think of. The FIRST thing. Think of all the people who also must do that but it just wasn't the first thing they thought of? Ewwwww!

I am so glad right about now that I always wear my shower shoes when I'm at the gym. Now I'm wondering if I need to wear them at home, too.

13 comments:

Gina April 1, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

HAHA - there are probably more that do, but wouldn't admit it.

And was the host Richard Dawson? He was the original host, I think.

Simply AnonyMom April 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I agree with Gina it was Richard Dawson brouht back after Ray Combs killed himself.

I know growiwng up all my brothers and my dad used our bathroom to BLOW THEIR NOSE. You would go in and usually find dried mucous on the walls and occasionally the floor. And what made it worse was one bathroom for 8 of us in that house.

morninglight mama April 1, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

I totally thought the 'mystery' one was going to be masturbate, so peeing sounded less offensive by the time I got to the bottom. :)

And, for the record, I brush my teeth in the shower every morning! I do it while I'm rinsing my shampoo, and I wash my face while I'm rinsing my conditioner. It's like an assembly line in there! :)

Unknown April 1, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Well in their defense pee is sterile unless you have a uti. It could be worse....ewwww

Chloe April 1, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Like morninglight mama, I thought it was going to masturbate. :p

Honestly though... I don't know why you'd even give something like that as your answer. Some things are best kept to yourself!

Debbie April 1, 2009 at 11:59 AM  

Headed out to buy some shower shoes. I'll write more later:)

septembermom April 1, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Gross is right! I think there was an old Seinfeld episode where George gets kicked out a health club for peeing in the shower. Get those shoes quick :)

MaBunny April 1, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

HAHAHA, I'm with moonlight mama I thought it was going to be masturbate , or pee, lol. there was a joke going around once about guys peeing in the shower, but either one? ewwwwww

Aunt Julie April 1, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

Eeeeeeeeewwwwww...reminds me of the Seinfeld episode, when George peed in the show. Gross!

Angela April 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

My mom brushes her teeth in the shower. I picked up her habit briefly as a kid but then that went out the window when I got to college, where all the showers were completely disgusting. I didn't even want my toothbrush in the bathroom, let alone the shower (and I had an apartment too!)

But yeah, I hear ya. It's amazing. REALLY amazing is that they will admit it, too!

Karen April 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM  

You have to admit that it's better than the toddlers peeing in their bath water. At least you're not soaking in it.

Jeff and Charli Lee April 2, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Maybe you were thinking about Louie Anderson? He has a big-ish nose.

That was a really dangerous question for them to use. There aren't many "good" answers to that one.

Michelle April 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Gina - My husband finally identified him. It was John O'Hurley (sp?) who was apparently also on Seinfeld as J. Peterman (sp?). I never watched Seinfeld so ummmm it's all a big fog to me :)

Simply AnonyMom - Wow, a host of Family Feud killed himself? Yikes. And I am so incredibly grossed out by your brothers and dad right now I can't say more.

morninglight mama - Well, ok granted, I suppose that would be more offensive. And messy. You are efficient though. I can't do something else while rinsing. Impressive.

Megyransmom - I knew someone was going to go there with the sterile thing. It would be you, too, wouldn't it?

Astharis - EXACTLY my point. That's why I'm so concerned about how many people do that. If seven actually had this as their first thought... what else is out there?

Debbie - Good for you!

septembermom - I've never gone barefoot in the club. I've ALWAYS got my shoes on, even when I'm doing my primping.

MaBunny - You people disappoint me. I was shocked by that answer (ok and had to rewind it three times to be sure I heard it properly). Apparently you all are much more jaded.

Veggie Mom - And apparently I'm also the only person in the world who didn't watch Seinfeld.

Roxane - Dirty mind dirty mind -- c'mon this was from the '80s as family friendly tv!

Angela - Yeah the college showers were... somewhat iffy. Beyond that, I don't remember. I probably blocked it out of my mind.

Karen - Welllll, yes. But toddlers a) don't know better and b) this was the first thing that SEVEN people thought of when asked what they do in the shower? That's just wrong.

Jeff - Actually, Louie Anderson I would have recognized. John O'Hurley :) C'mon, shampoo, shave, uhhhhh... sing. Make a to do list. Yeah ok so there aren't that many good answers.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP