Saturday, April 4, 2009

What's Next?!

So yesterday, I found out that my husband had the basketball hoop that he never did anything about. I've since discovered that the hoop didn't just dent his car, it actually made a hole in part of his car.

Apparently I'm still a little bitter about this, as I had a dream last night in which my husband killed a cat. With his car.

In the dream, I am backing out of the garage, making certain -- as I always do -- to avoid the car parked close to mine in the driveway. As I drove past his car, I noticed that there was blood on his car. I stopped my car and went inside to talk to my husband.

He told me that he'd gotten into his car and started it up before hearing a big bang. He got out of the car to examine it and found a bleeding cat. He took the bleeding cat to the vet, but it was too badly injured, and he had to make the "painful decision to put it down." Let's just say that isn't something that I picture coming out of my husband's mouth.

Apparently, the cat had crawled into the wheel well of his car and then fallen asleep. My husband kept trying to tell me that it wasn't his fault because it just happened where he'd parked his car and that if he had parked his car a little further back it would have been even worse. Yep, that's when I knew I was still bitter even in my sleep.

It gets better though (this ist he end of the dream) when I got home from running errands and heading to the gym. I went to open the fridge to put away the milk, and the handle of the fridge popped off in my hand. "What did you do?" I asked my husband, frantically. "I don't know," he replied. "What's wrong?" And he came over to investigate.

I examined the bottom of the handle where it had popped off -- as it was still somewhat attached at the top. As I touched the fridge, I realized that the glue they had used to hold it in place when the fridge was built wasn't very strong. It was more like the gummy stuff that holds junk mail postcards closed. As I squished it a little in examination, it dawned on me that this was fresh glue.

I turned to my husband with hands on hips. "This is new glue. This handle was already broken, wasn't it?" He looked at me sheepishly before admitting it. All I know is that the handle was fine when I filled my water bottle this morning.

I'd take a picture of it, but my husband has tried a second type of glue and currently has it "clamped" by putting a kitchen chair up next to it. *sigh*

Seriously, how do you break off the handle of a fridge? Anyone ever heard of this before? Ever? When I ran out this afternoon, I requested that he stay seated in the chair and not move. And to try to not break the chair while he was at it!

So anyone want to place a bet on what my husband breaks next? Anyone?

9 comments:

Tami April 4, 2009 at 6:57 PM  

I have a hubby that sounds just like yours. Perhaps they were twins separated at birth???

Heather April 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM  

My husband's like that sometimes. When he breaks stuff it's always mine or Hanna's, never his own stuff. *Sigh*

Ryan Ashley Scott April 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Hmmm... sounds like he's got some S'plainin to do.

Liz@HoosierHomemade April 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog to see the CVS deal and the Snakes and Bugs dinner! Would love to see your version when you make them.
~Liz

Leah G April 4, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

My mother got up one morning, walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge and the whole door fell off. So not quite the same as a handle but it was a pretty memorable experience.

septembermom April 4, 2009 at 8:50 PM  

I've had weeks where it feels like everything I touch breaks in some way. Hopefully, your husband's little streak of breaking things has ended. I had to smile thinking of his sheepish look when you found out about the fridge handle :)

Melisa Wells April 4, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

I can't say I've ever heard of a refrigerator handle breaking. Your hubby is S-T-R-O-N-G. :)

Anonymous April 5, 2009 at 2:40 AM  

My bet is for something in the bathroom.

Michelle April 5, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

t.t. millers - Possibly :) I'd hate to think that this was a general male trait vs something that it isolated in his genetics!

Heather - That's the real bummer. The car is at least his that he's broken. Twice. But it's still *our* money that goes towards fixing it.

RAS - Yeah, he didn't do such a good job of that. But I was nice and just let it go.

Liz - If I do it for Little Miss, it won't be until August, but it's definitely a great idea!

Leah - Wow. That's truly impressive. I can't even picture how that could happen!

septembermom - Yeah, me too! That's a good way to think positively.

Melisa - Umm, sure. I don't know that I'd go with strong... I'm thinking it's just the seal on the door that's strong and over the past seven years of fridge use, having to give it a violent tug to open it has weakened the handle.

Elftea - Funny you should mention that. The shower hose thingie actually started leaking this morning. Good guess!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP