Saturday, April 25, 2009

It'll Never Look Like This Again....

Little Miss has hair issues. Unlike her brother, when she was born, she didn't have long and thick eyelashes, and her hair was pretty much nonexistent. His hair grew in thick and fast. Hers... didn't.

My mom kept telling me that mine didn't come in until I was three, and that it was thin before that -- but look how thick it is now. That comforted me for awhile. At Little Miss's third birthday, I started to question this, but people kept telling me that her hair would come.

Every month that passes, my belief falters just a little bit more. Her hair is thin, and it flies everywhere. It's always in her eyes, because it isn't thick enough to hold a barrette or long enough to tuck behind her ears. You've seen the brushing before and after pictures.

I finally gave up. This is what Little Miss is doomed to look like, forever:



So today, I took her to get her hair cut. I requested that they cut it as short as they can get away with to look "cute" and to make it appear fuller than it is. They obliged. In fact, I told her she looks just like Grandma since Grandma has the exact same haircut now. Doesn't it look cute?



I love that feeling right after you're finished with a haircut. It looks great, no hairs are out of place, and there's just this sense of peace. Until you realize that the woman used product, had a special styling brush and spent fifteen minutes styling Little Miss's hair.

Granted, the hair now looks like this:



However, I don't have the time or talent to recreate this look. Tomorrow morning when she wakes up, the dream will be over. At least until the next haircut. When I may ask them to make it even shorter in the back.

13 comments:

Angie's Spot April 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

OMG, she looks adorable!! I love that haircut. I wish my girls would allow a short haircut because frankly, I'm done with all the brushing and hair maintenance. Pain in the arse. My husband has brainwashed the girls into thinking that long hair is the key to happiness. Jerk.

Mary~Momathon April 25, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Cute!

Heather April 25, 2009 at 9:46 PM  

Cute haircut! It's going to be so much more comfortable for her as it gets hotter.

My daughter's hair is thick and curly, and a huge pain in the you know what! It is a constant fight to brush it, wash it, condition it, and comb it. And it looks the same as it did before all that! Must be something with 3 year olds!

septembermom April 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

So so cute! I'm sure she's going to love it. I wish my hair looked so good :) Beautiful girl.

WeaselMomma April 26, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

Total cutie!!!!!

MaBunny April 26, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

Oh Michelle, that haircut worked wonders! it did exactly what you wanted! Her hair looks a bit fuller and she may just have to keep it short! Too CUTE!!

Tami April 26, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

I watch a little girl who has thin hair, half of it curls the other half sticks out every which way. No matter what I do, it never looks combed! So I feel your pain!

Melisa Wells April 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

I LOVE IT! Does she love it too?

Maybe you two can play beauty shop each and every day. :)

Debbie April 27, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Wow! What a great cut. I love it.

Ryan Ashley Scott April 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

It looks beautiful! The cut really thickened it up, huh?

Michelle April 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM  

Angie - Thanks :) I do love long hair... and she'll have it once she starts having her hair grow in. But ummm yeah. I'm not looking forward to long hair tangles!

Mary - Thanks! And I must say that two days later, it so doesn't look like that anymore, but still pretty cute.

Heather - Or just curly hair ;) I have the same issue with mine, although it's only sometimes curly.

septembermom - Oh she thinks it's just SO cool that she has the same haircut as Grandma!

Weaselmomma - Aww, thanks. btw, forgot to mention but you've got some pretty rockin' hair yourself!

MaBunny - Thanks! It is definitely staying more trained now... Fingers crossed it stays the same.

tt millers - Ooo, at least her hair isn't curly. Thanks for giving me something to be happy about!

Melisa - Oh, she so does. She's showing it off to everyone! And Momma doesn't play beauty shop, thanks.

Debbie - Thanks! I'm surprised with what the people at Great Clips can do for $8!

RAS - It made it LOOK thicker... and that's all I can ask for at this point :)

Cookie April 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

What a cute haircut! I love it!

Michelle May 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Cookie - I'm glad you think so... but MAN you should see her hair today ;)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP