Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yeah, I Really Did Go There

Last night, my husband announced that this was his twenty year class reunion.

Granted, I was tired -- up at 5:30 to get to the office, 10 hours of working, driving home in horrible traffic, dinner with the wee ones, my husband and my parents, and I was beat.

Me: You graduated from high school twenty years ago? WOW.
Him: NO. It's my high school reunion.
Me: Oh, I suppose that makes more sense.
Him: Do you even know how old I am?
Me: Yes. (thinking quickly and doing math -- fortunately 1970 is an easy subtraction)
Him: Really?
Me: Yes. On Thursday, you'll be six years older than me.
Him: It isn't six years. It's five and a third.
Me: Whatever. Thirty-eight minus thirty-two is six. So are you going to go?
Him: No. But I did find out some interesting things about old classmates.
Me: I'll bite. Like what?
Him: The guy next to me in the yearbook is now a news reporter in Iowa for W-H-O.
Me: Umm, The Ho? What kind of a tv station is that?
Him: (cracking up and unable to talk)
Me: What? That's what you said. The Ho.
Him: (struggling to breathe) WHO. Not Ho, W-H-O


In my defense, I automatically dropped the W. It's like the radio station Jack is WJMK. I don't even think about the W or the K. But WHO makes much more sense. I suppose. Especially in Iowa, I don't see a station called The Ho going over too well.

8 comments:

Angie's Spot July 30, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

That's really funny! One of these days, I'll have to tell the story of one of hubby's pet names for me. The story of how it came about is far funnier than the name itself. :-)

Angela July 30, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Oh my goodness. Michelle, that is too funny. Angie and I both just passed up the chance to attend our 15th this past spring. I am not even remotely sorry I didn't go, but apparently several people did. So I hear you on the whole reunion thing. My hubby's 20th was a couple years ago and he didn't want to go either. What is it about reunions!?

And Angie, I don't think I've heard this story. Do tell!

Michelle July 30, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

Angie - The fact that you bring up this pet name when I'm confusing WHO with The HO has me a bit concerned. Actually, a lot concerned. Spill!

Angela - My high school isn't having a 15th (it would be this year I think if they were. Hmmm maybe the just don't know where to find me?), so I don't even have the "option" of skipping it. I went to the 10th, and it was a $75pp waste of money. Why did you decide to skip yours?

anymommy July 31, 2008 at 1:42 AM  

Too funny. I've skipped all of my HS reunions - just never sounds like fun. Also, ten hour days are brutal! I hope you get an extra day off or overtime or something.

Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Apparently I'm a year younger than your hubby, which caused me to realize my own 20 year reunion will be next year. Ugh!

Also, I grew up in Iowa, with WHO, so you had me cracking up. & yeah, I don't think HO, would go over so well in Iowa, though I found it to be hilarious!

Kori July 31, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Too funny.

MaBunny July 31, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

LOL Michelle! I routinely switch the beginnings of words around. My hubby never lets me forget the time he asked what I had for lunch, and just as plain as daywithout a hitch i answered a
Churckey ticken sandwich. (read turkey/chicken).
I do it all the time. Not sure why.
But usually pretty funny when I do.

Michelle July 31, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Anymommy - I'm salaried. No extra pay. However, being the geek I am, I have a spreadsheet set up that tracks all my hours, and I'm currently 14 hours over my agreement. I just need to find weeks where I can whittle my time down. Maybe by November.

Shelly - So glad someone can actually verify that WHO is a real station (aren't they supposed to have four letters?). Sorry to make you remember your 20th is coming up....

Kori - Glad I could entertain you. Ok, and myself. And my husband. And the friends we had over for dinner tonight for my husband's birthday who thought that was hilarious.

Mabunny - I'll switch words around, as well. Sometimes whole words. So does Mister Man. He always tells me that he's going to do his work page book instead of workbook page.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP