Saturday, July 12, 2008

There Are No Secrets Here

Yesterday, my husband and I took the wee ones to the club after naptime to go swimming for awhile. The wee ones voted to take my car, which meant I drove. As we approached the third turn of the trip (and took it), the following conversation ensued:

Little Miss: Don't miss the turn.
Me: Do you think I don't know where I'm going?
Little Miss: No.
Me: Do you guys think I'd miss a turn when driving?
Little Miss: No.
Mister Man: No.
Me: Do you think Daddy would miss the turn?
Mister Man: He missed the turn the last time he went.
Me: Oh. He did, did he?
Mister Man: Yep, he didn't turn where he was supposed to. Then he drove into rocks. Then he got back on the road and went back and turned where he was supposed to and went back on his way.
Me: Really, Daddy was driving into rocks?
Mister Man: Uh-huh.
Daddy: Excuse me. I feel the need to defend myself here (but he was laughing at the time)
Me: Alright, so what's the real story? And Mister Man, if you disagree with that Daddy's saying, feel free to let me know.
Daddy: I don't know how, but I completely forgot to turn. After I drove past the street, Little Miss told me that I'd missed the turn. I still don't know how that happened. So I went to the next street and was going to work my way back to the road, but the road I turned on looked like it was someone's driveway (side note: apparently gravel, thus the comment about driving into rocks). It actually turns out that it's a side street that would have gotten me back to the road I wanted to be on, but I didn't know that so I turned around.
Me: But seriously, you missed the turn?
Daddy: Uhhh, yeah.
Me: So Little Miss knows her directions better than you do?
Daddy: I know my directions, but I just sort of forgot. It's no fair that they can tell you everything that happens when you're not around no.

Oh yeah. No fair. No fair at all. I get all sorts of stories about what happens when the wee ones are at Grandma and Grandpa's house, what they do with Daddy, etc. No one's safe! Although, I suppose that means I'm not safe either. Fortunately, I never make mistakes around the wee ones (ha!).

The good news is that if a babysitter ever needed to take them to swimming lessons, I wouldn't have to leave written directions behind. I'd just use my child-sized mobile GPS units!

4 comments:

Valarie July 12, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

Haha! Great story. One of the things I look forward to the most after my children have spent time with Daddy are the stories they tell about the crazy things he does/says when I am gone.

Dawn July 13, 2008 at 1:12 AM  

HAAA! That's hilarious. My kids tattle on Daddy too. ;)

MaBunny July 13, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

LOL, thats funny. I like the idea of your little mobile GPS units:))
Our daughter has taken to correcting my English...no , thats not annoying AT ALL!!
If I say a word and she thinks she heard something diferent she will correct me and even argue with me that that is what i really said ( not talking cussing here either).
Hope you had a great weekend!
Stop by my post today, and ask a question for my hubby's interview:))

Michelle July 14, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

Valarie - Yep, the stories they come up with are precious, especially when they have an interesting interpretation of the truth!

Dawn - When Daddy does things like put Lime Kool-Aid on fish, of course they have to tattle! But at least we know what's going on when we can't be there to supervise!

MaBunny - Ooo, correcting your English can't be fun. I'm sure both my wee ones will start (or try) doing that. They're already so competitive on doing things first and best and right; this can't be far behind!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP