Sunday, July 6, 2008

What A Description Of Blog Readers!

Ok, a couple of housekeeping items before we get to the crux of today's post.

First, I managed to win a couple of Pay It Forward Contests that other bloggers were hosting, which means that I'll be hosting contests to ... pay it forward. I can't wait to see what I've won from K's Mama. Parkingathome had a rocking (in my opinion) prize of a ton of Asian food. I think I've mentioned a few times that sushi is my favorite, and these are all right up that alley. Needless to say, now comes the debate. Do I host multiple pay it forward contests, or do I host a single contest with multiple winners and multiple mystery (but apparently well received!) prizes? Vote, and I'll go with majority rules on this one. Gotta love second (and third) chances, right?

Second, the SITS girls (in keeping with the contest theme here) have posted their third week giveaway a $100 Target gift card. Raise your hand if you couldn't use this one. I didn't think so. Head on over to SITS and enter! You have until next Saturday.

***********

On Friday, I was joking around with my husband. We were on the way to my parents' house after stopping at our own house to pick up the wee ones' special blankets. (The wee ones had gone straight from brunch to my parents' house and needed to nap.) As we were driving past our house, I saw a critter run into our landscaping. I'm a bit protective on our landscaping (yes, more to come on that later) and requested that he go chase it away. After much rolling of the eyes, he acquiesced and went to go scare the offending pest. However, he left his door open. I started slowly rolling down the street as soon as he hopped out of the car. He quickly ran back, and I pretended I was going to make him jump into the moving car (really, I'm not that mean OR stupid).

Once safely in the car, the following conversation ensued:

Me: Well, at least you were smart enough not to close your door. Had you done that, I would have completely driven away.
Husband: I'm not a complete moron, even though you sometimes think I am.
Me: I don't think you are, but you have to admit that sometimes you do things that aren't say the smartest option.
Husband: You're the only one who thinks that!
Me: Oh, that's so not true.
Husband: Ok, so who else thinks that?
Me: silent
Husband: You don't blog about me, do you?
Me: Maybe. But not by name or anything.
Husband: What could I do that you'd blog about?
Me: Umm, some of your dressing of the children. Oh, and your cooking incident from earlier this week.
Husband: What cooking incident?
Me: Uhhh, maybe when I was making the Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps. And you were having some issues?
Husband: I wasn't having any issues.
Me: Yes, you were! What about your not at all many tap of the garlic?
Husband: I didn't want to break the garlic.
Me: It was going in the blender. How was breaking it going to be an issue? Besides, there was also the cutting of the cilantro with the paring knife.
Husband: No one knows that there's anything wrong with that.
Me: So not true! Plus, what about the total not-julienning of the pepper?
Husband: Oh come on, who's ever even heard of julienning let alone knows what it is?
Me: People who read my blog....
Husband: What, you've found a community of psycho mommys who love to cook?
Me: (thinking about this really hard) Well, depending on your definition of psycho, I suppose the answer is yes. But I'd go with quirky over psycho.
Husband: And yet more proof that the internet is good for anything.

Awww, isn't he a good sport? And yes, I told him that the whole conversation was going to end up on the blog. Fortunately, he's ok with it. And to his credit, sometimes he does really good things, too. In fact, one day this week I promise to dedicate a post to something he's done recently that's solved a huge recurring problem for me. Yay, hubby!

8 comments:

Angie's Spot July 6, 2008 at 9:39 PM  

Sounds like hubby's a good sport! Can't wait to hear what great thing he's done for you. :-)

Congrats on your contest wins! When I did my giveaway earlier this year, I had 2 different prizes that entrants could choose from. They had to say which set of goodies they wanted in their comment. Good luck and can't wait to enter!

Karen July 6, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

I prefer quirky over pshcyo, too. I'll have to start using that when my husband accuses me.

MaBunny July 7, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

Your hubby is a good sport! I know mine reads my blog so I don't always put stuff in there that maybe I would like to vent about, because I"ve usually gotten over it or we've vented it together and its over and done with.
Let sleeping dogs lie so to speak...

Angela July 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

Oh, I definitely think we're quirky. No psychos here (unless I read of any more slicing and dicing with a paring knife, LOL!)

And I think two contests, but only because it's more chances for us readers to win, tee hee!

Anonymous July 7, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

That conversation totally could have happened in my house. Only the topic would have been laundry, not cooking. The Hubs once did an entire load using just stain remover, not actual detergent. Oops.

And yes, quirky is much nicer.

Cookie July 7, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

ROFL! My husband doesn't read my blog either. He says he feels like he would be invading my privacy. But my thought is, "If my own husband wont' read it, who will?!" Of course now I know, other moms like me will read my blog!

Michelle July 7, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

Angie - He is a good sport. The fact that he doesn't know the address to my blog probably helps, too ;)

Karen - I'm with you on the quirky. I actually prefer that to eccentric, as well!

MaBunny - He doesn't read the blog, so I'm free to let my frustrations (or entertainment) out without fear of repercussions. That way I can let it go and go have fun with my family!

Angela - Thank you for your support of the slicing with a paring knife. He still thinks I'm being silly. And for the contests, you'd essentially have two chances either way... either two drawings for prizes for one contest or two separate contests, each with an individual prize. But so far it sounds like we're officially tied at a sad low 1-1 :)

Insta-Mom - Welcome! If it makes you feel any better, your husband isn't the only one to use only stain remover and forget the detergent. My husband is currently banned from doing any laundry (not that he listens all the time).

Cookie - That's very sweet of your husband to think that way. Mine is curious but respects that I want to keep people I *really* know separated from it. And yes, moms just like you come read your blog! :)

-Bridget July 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

Glad to hear your husband is a good sport. Mine is too. He checks my blog every day and often finds himself the subject of a post. He takes it all in stride and has also begun to recognize when life events will end up on my blog.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP