Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Toss That Stain Stick!

My whole family went out to eat Sunday morning. We had a lovely brunch.

Little Miss of course decided that she wanted the chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream. Oh yeah, and that she wanted to eat them by herself. Fortunately, she did allow us to cut them for her.




She really liked them. In fact, any little bit that dropped off her fork was immediately popped into her mouth with her free hand (anyone else notice her using her left hand? Yay!) By the way, who sees the childless person sitting next to Little Miss who decided to wear white when going out to eat with small children? Ha, ha, ha, ha!



She's so proud of herself that she's able to use the fork all by herself. And get it into her mouth with a minimum of damage. Although I will admit that she somehow has whipped cream on the underside of her chin. But hey, who doesn't?


She really likes her pancakes! And she's so happy to be out to eat with Mommy and Daddy and Grandpa and Grandpa and Mister Man AND Auntie Megan.


By now, I suppose everyone's wondering why she's wearing a raincoat. In the middle of June. When it's not raining. Honestly, I don't have a good answer for that one other than she absolutely insisted. Then it dawned on me that a raincoat might work even better than a bib. That's the point at which I snapped it up!

And it really helps when Grandma and Auntie Megan have a bunch of wet wipes on hand. They can get her from both sides!




Eventually, she's clean. I promise. Just because I forgot to take that picture of her with her nice clean light pink dress doesn't mean it got chocolate on it. Really.

I think I'm going to go with this theory in the future. It's definitely easier than trying to make sure that she keeps totally clean or that I remember to get the stain stick on every stain. It's totally worth the weird looks by strangers. I wonder how old she'll be before I have to give this up.

11 comments:

Brightmyer July 1, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

Cute photos! I found you compliments of AllMediocre.

xxxx July 1, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Yummmmmy!

Angie's Spot July 1, 2008 at 10:05 PM  

Those pics are ADORABLE! We took the girls to IHOP last week and I wish I had brought the camera. So cute!

Michelle July 1, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Brightmyer - Welcome, and thank you!

Swishy - So yummy. Especially the flight of pancakes. Pancakes in a quartered plate each with its own yummy topping (like white and dark chocolate). I of course went healthy and got the asparagus, tomato and spinach egg white fritatta. Dumb me! But the Brunch Cafe rocks!

Angie - Thanks! I've found that with the new camera being as small as it is, I can take it so many places I would otherwise not have had it!

Kellan July 1, 2008 at 11:49 PM  

YUM - chocolate chip pancakes! Cute pictures - darling! ANd, I love the raincoat idea - brilliant!

Take care - Kellan

Cookie July 2, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

That is soooo cute!
We're going to a pancake breakfast at the local fire station on the 4th of July. Thanks to you, I'll bring my camera ;)

Kori July 2, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Love the picture with the smile full of chocolate covered teeth. A the raincoat idea. Genius... Pure genius!

anymommy July 2, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Oh, she is soooo cute. I love chocolate chip pancakes too. My kids are partial to the rainbow sprinkle ones at Perkins. Yikes! Don't get me going about food, I could comment forever.

Debbie July 2, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

So so funny! I love the succession of photos...she is really cute. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some comment love, my new SITS sister. I think you also asked for my Southern Living recipes and if you really want them, I can type them up and email them to you. No problem. Just let me know...Again thanks for stopping in and coming back!

Angela July 2, 2008 at 4:55 PM  

Very cute Little Miss! And I think the raincoat idea is brilliant. Especially when there's chocolate chips and (chocolate syrup too?) involved! She looks like she had a great time!

Michelle July 2, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

Kellan - They did look rather yummy. Unfortunately she ate them all and didn't share with me!

Cookie - You definitely have to bring your camera! And share pictures, of course. I love the fire department pancake breakfasts!

Kori - Thanks! That smile totally epitomizes her. I'm in soooo much trouble.

Anymommy - Shhh, don't tell them about rainbow sprinkle pancakes. I may never get them out of the restaurant then!

Debbie - Congrats again on getting featured, and welcome! I actually have a subscription to Southern Living that my SIL got me for Christmas but I'm SO far behind in my magazines. If they were in sayyy February's issue on, I can just look it up myself ;) Otherwise, I'd love the recipes. They sounded great!

Angela - Sadly, there was no syrup. Just really warm and melty chocolate chips. Did I mention melty? And I'll finally admit it. The raincoat was Little Miss's insistence. I didn't want her to wear it or bring it. But yup, it turned out to be brilliant!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP