Friday, January 8, 2010

Well, Ya Can't Argue With That Logic

Tonight, as I put Mister Man to bed, I noticed that his plastic shark that sits above his bed was glowing in the dark. I pointed it out to him, and he quickly grabbed it and started to shove it under his covers.

Whatcha doing, Kiddo?

I need it, Mommy. I need to have it. It's my weapon against monsters.

Ummm, ok. There's only one problem with that, Mister Man.

What's the problem, Mommy?

Welllll, there are no monsters. You know they aren't real.

You don't know that for sure though.

Well, yes, actually I do.

How do you know that for sure, for sure?

Probably because mommies tend to know these sorts of things.

But you don't know this!

I think I do, Sweetie.

But Mom! What if God decides that he needs a little more noise in the world and so he decides that it's time to create some monsters?

Oh. Well, ummm. So if God wanted more noise in the world, creating monsters would be his solution?

Maybe. You never know what God is going to do. So I'm going to keep this shark as my weapon just in case.

He's sort of got a point there. I'm just glad he doesn't have to do the old fashioned catechism, as I can see him giving the poor priests fits with his questions and logic.

12 comments:

Connie January 8, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

What a cutie! I think if I wanted to ward off monsters I would choose a glow in the dark plastic shark!

septembermom January 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM  

He is good at arguing his position in a debate! I think I want a plastic shark to protect me from some of my nightmares lately :)

It's always fun to hear what your kids have to say.

Mary~Momathon January 9, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

A glow in the dark shark is a great Monster weapon! I got my daughter a humidifier (sneaky aren't I!) and then her daddy called the Monsters on the phone and told them they couldn't come over after dark. They have to stay home. We're doubly protected!

WeaselMomma January 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM  

Fantastic logic! That kid cracks me up.

Karen January 9, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

God wouldn't need monsters to make noise, that's what boys are for. :)

Tara R. January 9, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

He's got a point, you never know what God has in mind.

Regina January 9, 2010 at 10:28 AM  

Given this information - maybe I too should begin sleeping with a monster weapon! LOL

Pat January 9, 2010 at 11:53 AM  

I think his glow-in-the-dark shark is the perfect weapon for fighting off monsters.

Angela January 9, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

LOL I agree, best not to argue with that thought process! He's adorable!

Claudya Martinez January 9, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Mister Man is a philosopher of sorts. I always enjoy his take on things.

Keys to the Magic Travel January 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM  

Well, you never know what God might do. I just hope that the glow in the dark shark will solve everything. Where can I get one??

Michelle March 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Connie - Hey, if that's all it takes, I'm good with it. It doesn't bother anyone, and it's cheap. No complaints here!

Kelly - Ummm yeah. He's good at finding that position and sticking to it alright.

Mary - Oooo having Daddy call them. That's awfully sneaky, don'tcha think?

WeaselMomma - He cracks up a lot of people. Including himself, of course....

Karen - Oooo how did I forget that little bit of logic to toss back at him!

Tara - We so don't. I love that he's so open.

Regina - You might want to. But that shark is not for sale.

Pat - Isn't it though? It's multi-functional with its ability to light the way and frighten off the baddies.

Angela - Should I mention that he's now taken to sleeping with his Buzz Lightyear sword (I know, I didn't know Buzz had a sword either, but apparently the marketing folks didn't realize that).

Unknown Mami - He is. I just wish I could remember half of it. He's such a special little guy.

Kat - Not from us, unfortunately! That shark is one of those things that somehow appeared in our house, and I have no idea where it came from.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP