Monday, January 11, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

After church this weekend, a friend of mine stopped me to tell me that she'd made one of my recipes (they're in a fundraising cookbook) and had really enjoyed it.  As she told me about it, my mouth started watering, and I realized it had been a long time since I'd made this one myself. Granted, I haven't made it in the last twenty-four hours, but I'm hoping this is my reminder and impetus to do so.

And yes, I promise this is another easy one!

Chocolate and Caramel Tart

Crust
Ingredients:
1/3 c butter, softened
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c flour
1 T powdered sugar
2-3 T cold water

Directions:
In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and flour. Add the powdered sugar and only enough water as is needed to hold together the dough.

Shape into a flattened ball. Cover with plastic and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until large enough to fill a 10" tart pan with a removeable bottom.

Caramel Filling
Ingredients:
1/3 c butter
1 14 oz can sweetened, condensed milk (NOT evaporate milk!)
2 T packed brown sugar

Directions:
In a medium saucepan, combine butter, condensed milk, and brown sugar. Stir over medium heat for about ten minutes or until mixture is pale and thick.

Remove from heat and cool slightly. Spread evenly over the crust, and let stand ten minutes until set. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Chocolate Filling
Ingredients:
1/3 c butter
1/2 c granulated sugar
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 egg
1/3 c flour
2 T dark cocoa powder
powdered sugar for dusting

Directions:
In a small saucepan, combine butter and sugar and heat until butter is melted and mixture is warm. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Add the egg, flour, and cocoa, and stir until well combined.

Spread over the caramel filling and bake 28-30 minutes or until just set. Cool in the pan. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.

When I make this, I pretty much finish one step and start the next one, and the timing works out fairly well. This is so good and so rich, but sooo worth it!

Enjoy this and more with Blessed With Grace and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

11 comments:

Connie January 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Wow! That sounds very decadent and delicious! Love the cookbooks from church! I look at the name of the person submitting the recipe and know if that recipe will be a good one...or not! Is that called judging? Shame on me!
Thanks for sharing this great recipe!

Mama Bee January 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM  

Sounds delicious!! I love anything sweet, especially chocolate and caramel!! Thanks for sharing!

Karen January 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM  

My keyboard needed cleaned, but I'd have preferred to use something other than saliva.

Cookie January 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Yum! I love desserts :)

A Musing Mother January 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM  

Cream cheese, caramel, and chocolate. I stopped there. I'm on my way.

Pami January 12, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

yumm a must try thanks for sharing

Live.Love.Eat January 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Sounds like a good one!!!

septembermom January 12, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

Did I gain 2 pounds just thinking about this lovely dessert?? Sounds real good.

Claudya Martinez January 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Are you kidding me woman? I'm trying to break my sugar addiction and you dangle this in front of me! I'm in trouble.

Laura January 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

AAAAAHHHHH! caramel and chocolate are my favorite!! Yum I am going to make this next week I'll link up from 365 In.

Michelle February 22, 2010 at 8:40 AM  

Connie - Ironically this was actually a school district cookbook that a woman from church bought, but I'm so with you. I LOVE them! And umm yes, I totally judge. Absolutely.

Rhoda - Caramel and chocolate make a perfect combination, don't they?

Karen - Hey, take what you can get. At least it's clean now, right?

Cookie - Do you know anyone who doesn't? ;)

A Musing Mom - You keep trying to show up at my house... don't you know you have to do it the day of if you want any crumbs?

Pami - I hope you did try it - and more so that you liked it!

Live.Love.Eat - Sounds... I know, I needed to take a picture. I've been failing on that lately.

Kelly - Nope, three actually. It was the addition of the caramel to the chocolate that got you the last pound.

Unknown Mami - Sorry. I promise they won't all be sugar. A lot yes, but not all.

Laura - Oops I forgot to check that blog. I'll have to see how you liked it. Fingers crossed!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP