Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Egg Nog Cookies

Yes, I posted a cookie recipe last week. And yes, Christmas was two days ago, but I have another great cookie recipe that I just have to share. First of all, I can't be the only one with egg nog left in the fridge and no desire to drink any more of it, can I? Second, I entered this cookie into a local cookie contest, and it won so of course I have to share with you, right? That's what I thought.


Egg Nog Cookies

Ingredients:
1 c granulated sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c butter, softened
1 t vanilla
3/4 c egg nog
2 eggs
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t fresh ground nutmeg
2 t cinnamon
4 1/2 c flour

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until it comes together again. Add the vanilla and egg nog, then beat again. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon and mix well. Add the flour, stirring slowly until mixed.

Drop heaping spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or sil pat and bake 14-17 minutes until lightly browned just at the very edges. Let cool on a piece of waxed paper or the sil pat to keep them soft and chewy. While they are still warm, sprinkle them with a little extra cinnamon to make them look extra pretty, something I neglected to do but wish I had.

Enjoy this and more with Blessed With Grace and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Also posting now with A Southern Fairytale and her Mouthwatering Monday.

4 comments:

Tara R. December 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

I bet these are delicious.

Pat December 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

These sound yummy. We have no eggnog left over because we were gone for half of December...maybe next year.

Sandra January 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM  

Congratulations on winning the cookie contest! I wish I was able to go and have a taste of it. They are very adorable!

Michelle January 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

Tara - Oh they are. Or rather, they WERE :)

Pat - Actually, this is the best time to buy the egg nog. You can get it on sale when retailers want it off their shelves before it expires. And yes, it does freeze.

Sandra - Thanks! I was happy, and I can't wait to spend my gift card. Sorry you missed the cookies - it was a hard day to get everything in.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP