Monday, December 12, 2011

She's Got A Lively Imagination

I'm lucky that my parents live very close to us and have a great relationship with the wee ones. They do the vast majority of our babysitting, and when they don't see the wee ones "often enough" in their minds, they beg to come over and hang with them. It isn't all sunshine and roses - we have some boundary issues - but it's a huge relief when I have two children who need to go two different places and only one adult is available. Thus, my mom picks Little Miss up every week at school to take her to gymnastics.

My mom being my mom has a hard time following the rules. She doesn't just go inside the school to the hallway and wait there patiently with the other mothers. Unfortunately, Little Miss's classroom is just around the corner from where the parents wait, and if you peek around the corner, you can see into her classroom - and watch them pack up their backpacks from their lockers in the hallway at the end of the day. Needless to say, this is frowned upon, as it's distracting to the students. My mom doesn't care; she just wants to see her granddaughter, regardless of the rules.

I discovered how much an issue this was when my mom accused me one day of planting stories with Little Miss. I looked at her blankly, truly having no idea what she was talking about, but she didn't believes me and insisted that I must have told Little Miss what to say. I hadn't. My dear child simply has an interesting and vivid imagination.

Little Miss told my mom that she had to stop peeking around the corner at her. Why? Because it isn't allowed. And not only that, but the school has cameras to watch for people doing this, and if you get caught, the police will come to take you to jail. Little Miss didn't want her grandma to go to jail. And no, I have never once used the threat of police or jail or anything like that to scare her into behaving. I have absolutely no idea where she came up with the story, but she knows now that Grandma doesn't believe her and figured out that it was a made up story.

Little Miss still had a solution, however.

I know you miss me at school. I miss you, too. Here is a picture of me so that you can keep me close to you. I love you, too!


(Forgive her spelling, as she's in first grade and being taught only in Spanish, so her English spelling isn't where we would expect it otherwise.)

Seriously? How precious is that. Hilarious. Highly entertaining. Gonna give me grey hair as she moves into the preteen and teen years, but precious nonetheless.

11 comments:

Melisa Wells December 13, 2011 at 6:30 AM  

Wait, she's being taught ONLY in Spanish?? How did I not know that?

Tara R. December 13, 2011 at 7:17 AM  

That is priceless. Thoughtful AND bilingual.

Pat December 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

How sweet! Little Miss has a lively imagination and she is also very thoughtful.

Michelle December 13, 2011 at 2:43 PM  

Melisa - Ummmm I'm not sure. Yep, she's taught in Spanish and getting pretty good at it :)

Tara - Yeah. It's a lethal combination, isn't it?

Pat - Thoughtful, yes. But did you also see the manipulative part of it to get Grandma to do what Little Miss wants her to do?

Brandie December 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

That. Is priceless. And I love the note she gave grandma! =)

Michelle December 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

Brandie - It's SO her personality, too. She checks each time to make sure my mom has it on her. And of course my sentimental mom never removes it from her purse.

tiarastantrums December 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

so cute M!! I love that!

Anonymous December 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Beyond precious! :)

Michelle December 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Teresa - I sorta do, too, especially since she did it to my mom. :)

Patty - That's what little girls are for, right?

Sandra December 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM  

I must agree, that was the perfect solution. She hit it right on target. Did Grandma love it, too?

Michelle December 15, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

Sandra - Grandma loved the note. The story? Not so much. She still doesn't believe that I didn't put Little Miss up to it.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP