Monday, December 5, 2011

How To Get Stuck Muffins Out From The Tin Without Ruining Them

If you haven't noticed, I love cooking. And baking. That doesn't mean that I don't have my issues while baking. I really hate it when I make something and it sticks in the pan. It's so frustrating to go through the effort of making something delicious and then having it ruined by not coming out when it's supposed to. I found a great solution.

Of course, nothing beats actually properly greasing your pans, but there are times when I think I greased every part of it but missed something. For muffins, I generally try squeezing the top of the muffin and twisting gently so that it releases. There is a portion of the time when the muffin top simply breaks off, of course. Those muffins simply need to be eaten.

When I had a few muffins start sticking last week, having a multitude of broken muffins wasn't an option. They were for a bake sale, and I had a minimum quantity I had to bake and didn't have the time or energy to make more. I had to find a better solution. After frantically taking a mental inventory of my kitchen, I found my new favorite tool.


My fondue fork was perfect. It was slim enough to fit down the sides of the pan without damaging the muffins, and it was long enough to give me leverage to be able to get the muffins out. It worked beautifully. I simply gently slid it along the edge of the muffin, trying to lever it out. If it moved, great. It not, I simply slid it sideways a bit and tried again. Not a single muffin stayed stuck. It was awesome.



I'm wondering if it would work with my molten chocolate cakes, too.... And yes, I'll share the recipe for the awesome pumpkin chocolate chip muffins I made tomorrow. Yum. And dairy free and nut free.

6 comments:

Tara R. December 5, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

Brilliant. I have to find my fondu forks now.

Sandra December 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM  

Great tip! And is that a mini muffin pan I see? =) (Can't quite tell for sure, but judging against the fondu forks...) They look de-lish!

Heather December 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

EXCELLENT idea :) Except I don't have a fondue fork- guess i need to get one! hahahah!

Michelle December 6, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

Tara - I was so proud. But really any long really skinny thing like that will work. Now go bake.

Sandra - It IS a mini muffin pan. See, I told you I needed one :)

Heather - Mmmm fondue. Oops, sorry, I got off track. A chopstick would probably work, too.

Tami December 6, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

great tip.... now, what did I do with the fondue fork??

Michelle December 7, 2011 at 8:50 AM  

Tami - I was honestly surprised by how well it worked and how little pressure was needed to lever those suckers out. Apparently I make fondue too often that I know right where it is? ;)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP