Monday, February 8, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

It's cold and snowy in Chicago, which is - appropriately - perfect weather for soup. And lucky you, I'm giving some away here.

***

So for those of you living under a rock, Sunday was Super Bowl Sunday. Ahhh, the day when everyone forgets diets and good intentions and it's all about getting together with family and friends to critique commercials. Of course, if I had my act together, I'd put up my Super Bowl menu the week before the game, but hey, be glad you're getting it at all!

This year, we had:

Bufalo Chicken Dip (mmm)
Crab and Artichoke Dip (ahh)
Veggies with homemade Spinach Dip
Chips and my Guacamole
My husband's Chili (and I missed a bowl yet again!)
White Chocolate Party Mix
Blondies

Plus the goat tacos I promised awhile ago. Yep, they're meatless, and I didn't even use the goat cheese that gives them their name. But ya know, they still worked out pretty well.

I made these for the Super Bowl, but going forward I'd probably make them less for a party like this and more in a situation where I have girls over for appetizers or a holiday party. They weren't a ton of work, but they were a bit of overkill probably.

And they're best eaten within a couple of hours of being made -- and at a Super Bowl party, there are too many choices and too much nibbling over a five hour period. I'll be honest - the chips were a bit soft at the end of the night.




Fooled Ya Goat Taco's

Ingredients:
Scoopable tortilla chips
Guacamole (really, use mine - it's worth it)
Salsa
Crumbled feta or goat cheese - I used a mediterranean blend


Directions:
Ok, can I *really* call these directions?

Set the chips out onto a platter. Spoon a small scoop of guac into the chip. Follow with a small glop of salsa. Top with a bit of cheese.

Admire and eat. See, so easy.
Any requests for next week?

Enjoy this and other more "real" recipes with Blessed With Grace and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

7 comments:

A Musing Mother February 9, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

Leftovers? I'm on my way.

septembermom February 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM  

That would be a party favorite! Do you have any good recipes featuring eggplant?

Unknown February 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

Some of my favorites...avocado and goat cheese plus chips! What's not to love. Come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday and the February giveaway.

Brenda February 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

These look like a lot of fun. I bet the goat cheese adds a lot.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace February 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

It all looks good.
Hey, I wanted to tell you we are moving back to Texas. I am very disappointed. I really liked this area and was actually enjoying the snow. Hubby's job is coming to an end and we are going back to Texas. :-(
Thanks for all your tips, hints, and encouragement.

Angela February 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

I saw the "goat" and did a double take there for a second. I was like, I know Michelle is very creative in the kitchen, but wait a second!

We made buffalo chicken dip for the game as well (too funny!) It is SOOO yummy.

Happy Saturday!

Michelle February 14, 2010 at 5:22 PM  

A Musing Mom - Wellll it's maybe a little late now, but next time, I'll invite you. ;)

Kelly - Ummm moussaka? I'm really not an eggplant person unfortunately.

Debbie - Ohhh the goat tacos rocked. I loved the addition of the cheese, as unusual as it was.

Brenda - They absolutely were, and again the goat cheese (or feta) was a surprisingly good addition.

Lisa - Whaaaat? You're moving again so soon? That was quick! Are you sure it wasn't the weather ;)

Angela - Yeah, goat is a little ummm much for me. I'll eat it, but I'm not the one cooking it. Isn't that dip great? I'm so keeping that recipe!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP