Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oh Those Things They Say

Soooo, I know I've been somewhat MIA, but I promise I have a good reason. I'm finally back - at least physically, if not mentally - from Orlando and a conference there, with more to be posted on my other blog in the next couple days.

While on "vacation" with my parents and wee ones, I had several ahhhh memorable moments, shall we say.

Proof that my parents spoil the wee ones:
Upon walking into our hotel room, Mister Man turned around to look at us and asked, "Where's my bedroom?"

Granted, when my parents take us on vacation, we usually stay in a rented condo for a longer period of time, so having a standard hotel room apparently came as a surprise to him.

Upon deciding that she was finished with volunteering, Little Miss declared, "I want to go. I don't like this place. There aren't even any 'lands.' I want to go somewhere that has lands. And rides."

So this is why so many volunteer opportunities don't include four year olds....

Upon seeing yet another character at breakfast, "Grandma, did you order Daisy, too? And did you order and pay for Donald? I see them; I see them!"

And yes, that would be a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's that my parents took the wee ones to, not knowing that they were in for more than a typical breakfast place.

Trying to convince Little Miss that it was ok to ride the teacups, as she is not a fan of "spinny rides," Mister Man tried the logic of: "But I'm the Fear Master. It's ok to ride because I'm the Fear Master, and I take away your fears. Fears: begone!"

Nope, it didn't work, as evidenced by:

"Slow down. Slow dowwwwwn! Slowwwwwww! Dowwwwwwwwn!" from Little Miss the entire teacup ride.

And no, we weren't spinning. At all. Fortunately, Mister Man joined me on the ride immediately afterwards where we spun as fast as we could the whole ride. Now if I could just find someone to ride the roller coasters with me, I'd be set.

Being directed to dinner at the Wide World of Sports, Mister Man insisted, "Mommy, don't follow them. They're going to try to trick us. Look, they have red light sabers; that means they're bad guys."

Uhhhh, no. However, I do think that it's time to take away some of those Star Wars books.

Upon exiting Energy Universe at Epcot, Little Miss explained, "It's important to never fall asleep for a nap while watching television. It gives you nightmares, and you'll dream about dinosaurs coming to get you. Make sure you don't fall asleep with the tv on, Mommy."

Yep, that's all she got out of the educational ride about how energy is created. Needless to say, she was very worried when she saw Grandpa the next day asleep with the television on.

There were so many more, but I can't remember them. Maybe once I catch up on my sleep, they'll come back to me. Even if they don't, I know they will always be creating more.

14 comments:

Connie February 14, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Omg - the red light saber comment made me LOL. What an amazing trip.

Connie

MaBunny February 14, 2010 at 5:40 PM  

Sounds like you had a great time! And oh the things kids say - always a treat:)

Anonymous February 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

Oh my! Despite those little moments that make you wonder what happened to the sweet little babies you gave birth to, it sounds like you all had fun! Can't wait to read more!

Hyacynth February 14, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

Lol, yeah, mom, what are you thinking!? You know those read light saber sporting guys are always baaaad news! ;)

Brenda February 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Sounds like a lot of fun. Disney is both exciting and exhausting. I hope you get some rest!

Cookie February 14, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

Sounds like a great trip! I want my own bedroom too!

Connie February 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM  

How fun to be able to go on such a fun trip with your family! I'll certainly remember about falling asleep in front of the TV!

Tamara Walker aka MomRN February 15, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Loved reading these gems! "Out of the mouths of babes", LOL! The red light sabers cracked me up!

Mrs4444 February 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

I hated the teacups; I'm very impressed by your spin-ability! I look forward to hearing more stories :)

Michelle February 15, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

Connie - It was a great trip, and I promise to share soon. I'm too beat tonight to post though.

Mabunny - We did! I wish we were still there, and not only because it's 68 degrees there today!

Nichole - They have grown up awfully quickly, haven't they?

Hyacynth - Oh I dunno, I guess I'm just an innocent. Silly me.

Brenda - It is exhausting. I slept for ten hours last night and still woke up exhausted.

Cookie - So do I... so do I.

Connie - Be very careful. You don't want a nightmare about dinosaurs.

Tamara - That's my boy. And you know exactly the red light sabers I'm talking about. His other comment -- for those with the other colors -- was "Good luck with your green light sabers" which also cracked me up.

Mrs4444 - Apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to spinny rides. Granted we did have to spin one way for awhile then flip and spin the other way, but ... I still enjoy them.

septembermom February 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

The teacups always make me dizzy! I love all the wee ones' observations and comments. They definitely have active minds and imaginations. That's a good thing!

Claudya Martinez February 16, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Take me! I'll ride the roller coasters with you and I won't complain about the accommodations.

Alexis AKA MOM February 16, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

OH man loving it! Sounds like a fun trip!! :)

Michelle February 20, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

Kelly - Ummm yes. Active minds and imaginations. Definitely a good way to put it ;)

Unknown Mami - Whoo hoo! You're on board. Next time I go, you're my roller coaster buddy.

Alexis - It was fun. And given the cold weather here, I'm sort of wishing we were still there.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP