Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - The Best Guacamole Ever

As I've mentioned recently, I discovered some rocking guacamole recently. And I've made it a few times since. Like twice in less than a week few times. I may make it again before the weekend. It's not quite the original recipe from Boudro's, but rather my version of it and my husband thinks it tastes just as good as the original.

So.

Rockin' Guacamole

We start with four avocados. If you have decent sized ones, you can use two or three. The ones in our grocer right now are pretty skimpy.

The rest of our ingredients:
3 limes (mine were small, you can get away with two if they have a decent amount of juice)
4 T chopped red onion
1/2 large orange (or a whole smaller one)
1 t salt
4 tomatoes, roasted
1/2 poblano pepper
1/3 c chopped cilantro




So first. That roasting of the tomatoes. It's really not that hard. I cut them in half, drizzled some olive oil over them, added some dried Italian seasonings (ironic, I know) and put them in the oven at 300 degrees for twenty minutes. I put the seeded and halved poblano so it would get roasted at the same time.

Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed. Pull them out of the skin and dump them in a bowl. Juice the lime and orange over the avocado. Use a knife to cut the avocado into 1/2" pieces (or so).

Chop the tomatoes and poblano, and add them to the avocado mix. Add the salt and chopped cilantro. Stir the mixture gently, and you're done.

YUM. Y.U.M.



This is enough to serve about four for a large appetizer. Unless you're sneaking some while making it. Then it might only serve three. Or two.


Enjoy!

13 comments:

AutoSysGene January 6, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Hmm, I don't think I've ever heard of putting orange juice in guac...sounds interesting, I'm going to have to give this one a try!

Michelle January 6, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Melissa - I know, weird isn't it? But so totally yum! Let me know what you think!

Cookie January 7, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

I love Guacamole :) Sounds great for the Eagles games ;)

B January 7, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

I've wanted a good recipe for this thanks.

Sydney January 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

This sounds so yummy! I love guac! I'll have to give this recipe a whirl sometime soon. The avocados at the store have been a little blah lately...

Mom January 7, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Yum yum yum can you send some to me??

Kellan January 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

YUM - one of my most favorite dips in the world - love avacados! I make a yummy one with cucumbers in it!

Have a good day - Kellan

Michelle January 7, 2009 at 7:16 PM  

Cookie - You're just going to keep rubbing that in over and over, aren't you?...

B - Hey, glad I can help out. This one is fantastic! (In my humble opinion, of course)

Sydney - They have been, haven't they? And I was reading an article recently talking about how the avocado harvest in Mexico had something happen to it this year, so they're going to be hard to find and expensive. The ones I've been seeing have been small and underripe, but... this jazzes them up at least!

Steph - Umm, I don't think it would survive the trip. Nor would it probably make its way out the door without being eaten ;)

Kellan - Me, too! And oddly, Little Miss LOVES avocadoes but won't touch guac. Weird kid. The cucumber version sounds quite unique (and crunchy?). I'd love to try it.

Angela January 10, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

Yummy! Sounds awesome. I may make it to go on a turkey pita for lunch this week. I need to get back to healthy lunches and get past the Wendy's take out LOL!

Michelle January 10, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

Angela - I promise. This is much better than Wendy's takeout. And almost as fast! Let me know what you think.

Ashley Urke | Domestic Fashionista January 29, 2009 at 1:21 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom January 29, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Mmm...love guac...I will try this one! Thank you!

Michelle January 30, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Ashley - it's been quite the whirlwind. I've never seen so much email, but it's so much fun, too!

The Me /The Wife / The Mom - I promise it's a good one. People I've tried it out on really enjoy it - and I hope you do too! Let me know what you think.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP