Monday, February 15, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

Well, ok so I'll admit to having been out of town for most of the last week, which means I haven't done much in the kitchen. Yesterday I had sushi for Valentine's Day (mmmm, sushi), and today I worked and got home too late to make a "real" dinner.

So you know what's left? I've gotta go with the blondies I made for the Super Bowl. Honestly, I'm tempted to whip up another batch right now so I can be sure I have pictures. Really, that's the only reason. What, you don't believe me?

Ok, so I just want some more of the treats. They went quickly and were soooo yummy. I had hardly any leftover (two, to be exact).

Double Chocolate Blondies

Ingredients:
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
2 1/2 c flour
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 c milk chocolate chip chunks

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 pan.

Cream the butter and sugar until it comes together and is lightened and creamy. Add the eggs and beat until well mixed. Do the same for the vanilla.

Add the baking powder and salt and beat well again. Add the flour and stir until just combined (some flour will still be showing). Add the chocolate chips and stir until distributed.

Scoop the batter into the pan, spoonful by spoonful. Use the back of a spatula to squish it until it's fairly evenly distributed and flat. Sprinkle the milk chocolate chunks atop the batter, and lightly press them in. If you have any leftover chocolate chips, do the same.

Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Let cool thoroughly, then slice into 24 (or more) bars.



Enjoy! (And hide them from your family.)

Does this sound good to you? Go find more with Tempt My Tummy Tuesday over with Blessed With Grace.

14 comments:

boo7a February 15, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

Hi there , keep it up for a good job , you really have a lot of nice blog here lots of information , i have read and passed on this info to my friends as well .
Cheers
hussam

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home February 15, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by. Wow! Those blondies sure sound good!

septembermom February 15, 2010 at 9:09 PM  

You know that I'm going to love this recipe!!

Anonymous February 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

This is going on my 'To Try' list - I have a couple Blondie recipes, but neither of them really do it for me. Thank you for sharing!

Brenda February 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM  

I love these!

Jenn February 15, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

LOVE brownies...thanks for the recipe!!!

Connie February 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM  

They Sound delicious! I will make them this week but I better not hide them from my family because I'm trying to cut back on sugar...(sigh)

Mrs4444 February 16, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

Every girl needs a good brownie recipe! Thanks :)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace February 16, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Oh my! Super great yummy! Thanks for the well wishes to St. Louis. I will keep you and your husband in mind about St. Louis tips. We will miss Illinois.

Alexis AKA MOM February 16, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Oh girlie this is just too bad, come on what are you doing to me ... LOL

Hope you had fun on your out of town adventure :) Sushi yummy!!

Michelle February 16, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

boo7a - I think I'm afrid to ask. *sigh*

Jerri - They are. And yes, I know you had to say "sound" good. Shame on me for not including pictures. Oops.

Kelly - I have to know. Do you actually make the recipes I post or just think they sound good?

Nichole - Oh this one does it for me. (Ok, at least for me.) If I weren't so overdone with sugar right now, I'd be craving them.

Brenda - Ohhh me too. Yum!

Jennifer - You're welcome. I hope you enjoy.

Connie - Aren't we all? Trust me, I think families have a sixth sense when it comes to blondies though!

Mrs4444 - Just one? What about my chocolate cherry brownies? I've got a few up my sleeve!

Lisa - So sorry it didn't last in IL, but best of luck in STL!

Alexis - Sorry? I think. Focus on the sushi!

Laura February 17, 2010 at 3:49 AM  

Oh sure! I say I'll give up chocolate for lent then I read THIS! Never had a blondie before so I would have to use that excuse for making them...

Michelle February 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

Laura - Oh so sorry! :) You could wait another 40 days to make it... and you've really never had a blondie? You're missing out!

MaNiC MoMMy™ February 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

What?!?!?! NO PICTURE!?!?!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP