Monday, October 12, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

Nope, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I just got sorta buried under it. I actually have quite a few posts to read, but my trip back from St. Louis today sorta took it all out of me for the moment, which included my husband being sick enough that he decided to take the train back to Chicago (which he missed so he unilaterally decided to fly) because he was pretty sick and didn't want to be in an enclosed space with us and get us sick... and went on with me driving the 300 miles from St. Louis by myself with two very overtired children.

Needless to say, I have pictures of this, but I'm too tired to post them tonight! I promise to be back to my usual blogginess, but tomorrow. Or Wednesday.

Cheesy Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb shredded baby carrots
1 1/2 stalks celery, shredded
1 green onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 T butter
1/4 c flour
2 c milk
2 c chicken stock (use the good stuff -- no boullion cubes allowed!)
2 c chopped rotisserie chicken (or whatever kind of chicken you have on hand)
5 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1 t Worchestershire sauce
pepper, to taste


Directions:
In a medium saucepan, heat butter until melted, then add the carrots, celery, and green onion. Cook until softened, for about eight minutes, then add the garlic and stir for another minute. Stir in the flour and cook for three minutes.

Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring to ensure no lumps develop. Add the milk and Worchestershire sauce. Cook until thickened and bubbling lightly. Very slowly add the cheese, stirring and melting before each new addition. Remove from the heat about halfway through adding the cheese. Add the chicken and pepper.

Serve immediately.
With biscuits, too.



For more fun recipes, visit Blessed by Grace at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Anonymous October 12, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

Oy! What a mess! Hope your husband feels better soon and that no one else gets sick!

Claudya Martinez October 12, 2009 at 11:34 PM  

I like this one, it seems pretty simple and yummy.

Brenda October 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM  

Looks really yummy!

MsTypo October 13, 2009 at 8:02 AM  

I hope your husband feels better soon! Knowing this yummy soup is waiting for him will surly help cure what ails him. :))

Sherrie October 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

Hi!
Sounds Yummy! And Easy, thanks for sharing. Hope your all rested up soon. Have a great day!

Sherrie

septembermom October 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Hope your husband feels better soon! This looks like a great recipe to try. Thanks!

Elizabeth October 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Why were you in STL? Wish I had known. I could have met you in person! :) AND I could have gotten photos for your photo bracelet. (You haven't forgotten that yet, have you?)

Hope all is well by now!

Angela October 14, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Yummy! I made a new version of chicken soup (a lemony one) from Giada the other day. It was delicious!

Michelle October 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Nichole - He's working on it. He thinks he might go to school tomorrow, but I'm thinking he's probably best off waiting another day.... Thanks!

Unknown Mami - Hey, when my husband says "this one's a keeper" you know it has its pluses!

Brenda - It is. I could go for some again today :)

Cairo Typ0 - He's still on the graham crackers part of the sick diet... and the soup is long gone. But I'll make a good treat for him!

Sherrie - I'm getting rested up, but being a single mom without my husband is tiring :)

Kelly - Go for it. How have you been liking the ones you have tried?

Elizabeth - My in-laws live there. And yes ummm I totally forgot about the bracelet. I'll get you the pictures soon!

Angela - Ooo that sounds good, too! I love lemon with chicken. I was debating the other day making a curry/lemongrass/chicken type soup. You'll have to share the one you made.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP