Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

Ahhh... to be back in the swing of things. My husband and I just spent the last four days in Vegas and got back this morning around 1:30. We were actually lucky, though, as our flight from Vegas to Denver was significantly delayed, and our flight from Denver was the last one of the night. I was expecting to have to bunk down somewhere in Denver, but the nice people at United used their heads and held our plane for 20 minutes to ensure the forty people from our flight were able to get onto the plane to Chicago. Of course, their reservation system hs me booked for an 11:30 flight this morning, as it rebooked us, but ... I'm not going to complain.

Regardless, I'm exhausted at the moment (and the Pop Quiz answers will go up tomorrow for those of you who've asked), so this is one of my short and sweet recipes of summer. And even though it still doesn't really seem like summer, I'm thinking positive!

Peach Frozen Yogurt

Ingredients:
14 oz of peaches in their own juice
2 c vanilla yogurt
1/4 c sugar (I usually use a bit less than this even -- it just doesn't need much)
1 T lemon juice


Makes ~8 1/2 cup servings
Drain peaches, but save the juice, and blend peaches until smooth. Add yogurt, sugar, 1/2 c of the peach juice and lemon juice, then blend until well combined.
Add to ice cream machine and churn for 30 minutes until nicely thickened. Place in freezer for 2 hours. Every 15 minutes for the first hour to 1 1/2 hour, use a spatula to stir briefly to keep from getting solidified beyond the point of scooping.


This is one of my all time summer favorites. Poor Little Miss won't be able to enjoy it this year (dairy free -- and I've yet to find a dairy free yogurt!), but she has her Soy Delicious "Chocolate" Cherry Chip frozen dessert instead -- and she definitely loves that!

Enjoy!

And of course, as always go check out this week's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Blessed With Grace!

11 comments:

Aisling June 16, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Sound delicious, If I use low fat natural yoghurt, I could add the vanilla in. hmmmmm

Roxane June 16, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

I need an ice cream machine... Hope you had a great time in Vegas :)

Tami June 16, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

umm. this sounds very good!

septembermom June 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Glad you had a good time in Vegas! This recipe sounds good:)

MaBunny June 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

ooh that sounds very yummy! especially when its 98 down here in Texas!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace June 16, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

Brenda June 16, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

Sounds like a refreshing summer treat.

Cookie June 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

Welcome home! I'm jealous. I've never been to Vegas :)

Angela June 16, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

Yummy!

I am Soooooooo jealous of Vegas. Can't wait to hear all about it! I've spent the evening trying to put together a girls' weekend for a few of my peeps out there. Keep fingers crossed!

Karen June 17, 2009 at 7:24 AM  

How nice to get away for a bit, and nice to make your flights.

Michelle June 18, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

UKZoe - I've actually done that ... and also scraped in vanilla bean seeds and let them sit in the yogurt for awhile before making it. Yum :)

Roxane - They totally rock. It's almost tempting to get the rolling one and make the wee ones work for it, but ... I haven't. Yet.

tt millers - Yep. Fresh and homemade ice cream is SO good!

septembermom - It was a blast in Vegas!

MaBunny - Yikes. It wasn't that hot in Vegas. I think you *need* some ice cream.

Lisa - You're welcome. I hope you liked it.

Brenda - Yes... now that summer has arrived and we've gone from low 60s and needing jackets on Tuesday to hot mid-80s and humid yesterday.

Cookie - Make your husband take you! Just ... leave the kids behind. With someone.

Angela - It's fun, especially all the great restaurants we ate at (Rare at Hard Rock, Yellow Tail at Bellagio, Red at Wynn, and Asia Noodle in the Venetian).

Karen - Yes, making the flights is always key... especially when they're the last flights of the day!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP