Friday, June 19, 2009

Mama's Boy

I have certain opinions -- and I know you're all shocked by that, but really, I do -- about thing. Ok, about just about everything. That includes sports. I'm hoping that I'm teaching the wee ones that basketball and soccer (except little kids playing it) are bad and other sports are good.

You know my lessons (and not my husband's) are sinking in when you have the following conversations.

Scene: At the chiro, as we're getting ready to leave. Mister Man is putting on his Sox hat.

Receptionist: Oh, are you a Sox fan?
Mister Man: Yes, I'm a Sox fan.
Receptionist: That's too bad! I'm a Cubs fan. (Poor lady, they're almost in last place again)
Mister Man: Oh, I'm actually a fan of all the teams. Except the Yankees.
Me: Ummm, Mister Man, I thought you didn't like the Cubs either?
Mister Man: (leaning in close to whisper in my ear) I don't really, but I don't want to hurt her feelings by telling her that I don't like her team.

All together now: Awww.

Oh, and if you ask either of the wee ones what their favorite teams are, they'll tell you they love the Twins the best. And the Vikings. And the Wildcats. Yep, it's definitely sinking in. Imagine what it would be like if I didn't work and spent all day with them!

12 comments:

septembermom June 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

How sweet that he didn't want to hurt her feelings! Now, I'm a Yankees fan, so I'd better hide from you guys :)

Brenda June 19, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

That is sweet, I love it when children are taught to be considerate like that

WeaselMomma June 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM  

What a sweet and funny kid! Go Sox (to make him happy).

Melisa Wells June 20, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Next year will be the year for the Cubs, I'm sure of it...

Anyway, that is a great story. Kids who learn to consider other people's feelings were raised by wonderful parents. :)

xxxx June 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

What a doll :)

Nanny Goats In Panties June 21, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Awwww, how sweet is THAT?

:)

Michelle June 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

septembermom - Well, had you been there and had he known that, he would have fooled out about not liking the Yankees!

Brenda - It's only partly taught... much of it is just his nature.

Weaselmomma - Yeah... just to make him happy. Whatever ;)

Melisa - Keep telling yourself that. Next year and the next year and the next year....

Swishy - He is. And of course because he's a boy, this sometimes causes issues of its own, but that's ok!

Nanny Goats in Panties - *I* thought it was awfully sweet :) It's nice to know others do, too.

Roxane June 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Aww! That's so sweet of him. That receptionist on the other hand should have taken a lesson from him and kept her mouth shut! lol

Michelle June 23, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Roxane - It's all in good fun. We're in there all the time. And ummm there's a big Sox/Cubs thing in Chicago. It's kinda par for the course :)

betty-NZ June 28, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

That is truly adorable! You did good!

Angie's Spot June 28, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

You've raised that boy right! :-)

What a sweetheart that he didn't want to hurt her feelings. However, I have to ask why basketball & soccer aren't good? I have to disagree as my hubby is an amazing soccer player and I love watching NBA games. Of course, I also love College Football too, so I'm not all bad. LOL!

Michelle June 28, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

bettyl - Thank you! I certainly hope that they continue to be such a delight (as they are MOST of the time).

Angie - Aww, thanks. Ummm soccer is boring for me to watch, but I didn't grow up with it. Professional soccer, I just don't get. And basketball? Although my high school team was (and is) a powerhouse, it always seems to me to be such a selfish game, and I never liked it. No good reason, I suppose.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP