Tuesday, April 19, 2011

M&M Cakies - Tasty Tuesday!

Sometimes inspiration strikes just when you need it - for example as you need to make something for a child's school activity and you're staring into your fridge and realizing you have way too much of a particular item.

With apologies for Pat who had requested something less sugar and carb laden, my inspiration this month was beyond tasty. In fact, I'm going to continue tweaking this a little to turn it into another couple recipes, I think. They have long since disappeared, much to my husband's chagrin. And yes, I hid the last two cookies from him and ate them myself.

They are cookies, but they're more than just cookies. They're puffier and fluffier and softer and yum. Sorta like cake. Except they're cookies. Thus... cakies! I'm brilliant, I know.

M&M Cakies

Ingredients:
1 c butter, unsalted at room temperature
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
2 eggs
2 1/3 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3 c M&Ms - orrrrr just dump them in until it looks good to you

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Using a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Once they are well-combined, add the cream cheese. Cream until lightened in color and texture and very fluffy. Don't forget this step!


Add eggs and beat until fluffy.


Add the baking soda and salt and mix well. Add the flour, and stir slowly until almost all incorporated.

Add the M&Ms at this point and stir until just distributed. Your flour will finish incorporating while you're doing this step.


Scoop your cookies into extra large balls. I use my muffin scooper. Leave plenty of room between your cookies in your greased cookie sheet (or sil pat!).


Bake for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.


Yum! Try not to eat them all in one sitting. I love this twist on the classic M&M sugar cookie. In fact, I think I prefer it now. Enjoy this and more at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Blessed with Grace.

6 month membership to the Math Blasters website up for grabs here
Freschetta By the Slice giveaway here
$35 gift certificate to DaySpring here

5 comments:

Liz Mays April 19, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

Really? You're killing me here! I just started a diet!

Mrs4444 April 19, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

Yummmmm

Michelle April 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

blue violet - Oops, so sorry. Promise, next week is something healthy (healthier?) with no sugar or carbs. After all, it's spring, right?

Mrs4444 - Yep. I'm tempted to make them again today. Or maybe tomorrow!

Susie - They were awesome. I loved the texture of them, and the cream cheese gave them a really great depth of flavor, too.

septembermom April 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM  

Hungry for all of them!

Michelle June 23, 2011 at 7:03 AM  

Kelly - You should make some. Your kids would love them!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP