Monday, May 10, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

Want a family pizza night?  You can win one here with my Family Pizza Party giveway.

***

I missed last week. Completely. On many, many levels. But I'm back - and check it out, posts two days in a row now. Whew.

This week's recipe is one that is in the oven as I type. I whipped it up in about ten minutes - if that - for two pretty good reasons. The first is that I'm making dinner for some friends tomorrow and need something to go with my lemon chicken kebabs. And second, I have a review I'm putting up that requires me first making a blueberry cobbler.

So I am.

Well, sorta. The say they want a blueberry cobbler, but the recipe they provided is really for a blueberry crumble. And me being me, I can't blindly follow the recipe (especially when it calls for blueberry pie filling), so I made a few tweaks. And it looks good so far.

Oops - timer just went off. Now I can prove myself right!

As usual, I'm going for homemade, pretty quick and easy, and of course something yummy! I love recipes like this because they're so flexible and forgiving. I literally used no recipe and didn't measure everything, so feel free to do the same.

Blueberry Crumble

Filling

Ingredients:
3 c frozen (or fresh) blueberries
3/4 c sugar
1 lemon, squeezed and zested
1 t vanilla
1 T flour
1 T butter (or CF butter substitute, since I made mine dairy free)


Directions:
Mix everything together in the 8x8 dish you're cooking it in.

Topping

Ingredients:
1 c flour
1 1/2 c oats
1/3 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg, fresh grated
1 c butter (less the 1 T you used in the filling), melted


Directions:
Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly with a fork, then make a well in the center. Pour in the butter (or butter substitute) and use the fork to mix until just moistened. You want it in chunks and crumbly.

Pour the topping over the blueberries in the pan.



Place in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes until the top is lightly browned and slightly crunchy and the blueberries underneath start to bubble out.

Let cool to room temperature, and enjoy!

Check out this and more at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Blessed with Grace!

4 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM May 10, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Yummy looks like the one I made the other day with the flaxseed in it. So YUMMY! Great job my dear :)

Laura May 11, 2010 at 2:20 AM  

I love crumble or crunch. Cobbler? not so much! This looks so great Michelle. I missed you last week :)

septembermom May 12, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

Crumbly good!!

Michelle May 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Alexis - Oh, how could I forget the flax? Yipes! I have actually been really good about eating it in general and just adding it to foods lately. Just forgot this one :)

Laura - I'm right there with ya. We need to eat together someday!

Kelly - Ummm yeah! And oh so easy and forgiving, which is even better.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP