Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Four Eyes? Nah, We're Sixteen Eyes!

Little Miss started saying at the end of the last school year that things were fuzzy.  As she admired both my glasses and the ones that Mister Man now wore all the time instead of just for board work, I wasn't surprised.  Don't tell anyone, but when I was a kid, I faked an eye exam just so I could have glasses.  And I could totally see Little Miss doing the same thing.

So I blew her off.

Great mom moment, yes?  Then came June when Venus made a transit across the sun.  Mister Man was beyond thrilled that he had made a special viewer in school.  That afternoon, our whole family trooped outside to take turns with Mister Man's cardboard tube of wonder where we could see the little black dot moving across the sun.

Well, most of us could see it.  Little Miss couldn't find it.  Neither could I, but then I got smart and grabbed my prescription sunglasses, and voila there was Venus!  Little Miss still couldn't find it.  And so I offered her my sunglasses, with one eye nearsighted and the other eye farsighted.  She looked goofy with them on, but she closed one eye and gasped.  Mom!  I can see it!

So apparently she really is nearsighted.  Oops.

So yes, I took her to see an optometrist.  It may have been a month later, but she was busy with summer school and then went out of town for two weeks - I get a pass on that, right?  And she officially needs glasses, just like the rest of us.  The whole family is four-eyed now.

But I think she looks the cutest in her glasses.

Little Miss modeling her glasses while baking

4 comments:

Sandra October 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

Cute! Nice look on Little Miss! So you did find affordable glasses, or rather, not-ridiculous-prices for a pair of little glasses, right? I know it's just a matter of time for my kids. I'm still holding my breath on the passing eye exams so far...

Tara R. October 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

Adorable! My daughter is the only one of us that doesn't wear glasses. Not sure where she got that gene.

kim/TheMakerMom October 25, 2012 at 3:43 AM  

OMG, a mini-you!

Pat November 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM  

She does look really cute in glasses! It's nice that she has other family members who wear glasses. I was the only one of the 4 of us siblings who had to wear glasses, so I only wore them to see the blackboard and when I drove the car. Other than that, I kept them in their case in my purse because I though I looked dorky in glasses. But now I wear glasses all the time (except when I have my picture taken...lol).

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP