Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

I've been doing a lot of entertaining in the past few weeks, well entertaining and being entertained. And entertaining of course involves food, lots and lots of food. And drink, too.

I've been working on being creative in what I'm creating for all these events. I've made cookies and appetizers and desserts and drinks. For my cookie exchange, I made several savory appetizers so that we wouldn't end up over sugared by the end of the evening. By far the hands down favorite (and a recipe I've since passed along to the attendees) was the Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Can I just say "yum" - a few times? I served it with celery sticks, carrots, and crackers. There wasn't anyone who didn't take multiple servings of it, including me! Oh, and did I mention that it took me all of five minutes to throw together?

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese (or Neufchatel), softened
1/3 c hot sauce (e.g., Frank's or Louisiana)
1 can chicken, drained
1/4 c ranch dressing
1 c cheddar cheese, grated

Directions:
Place the chicken in a saucepan along with the hot sauce. Stir it until heated through, "mashing" the chicken so that it separates a bit. Add the cream cheese and ranch dressing, and stir until fully melted and incorporated. Add the cheddar cheese in batches, stirring until fully melted between additions.

Serve warm with carrots, celery, crackers, or whatever you like.


Enjoy this and more at The Well this week with Blessed With Grace!

Current Giveaways:
Thomas and Friends Adventure on Misty Island Mega Blocks set here
Lawry's Complete Meal Ideas Gift Pack with casserole here
The Dolphin: Story of a Dreamer DVD with 2 winners here
Professional cookware, courtesy Jewel here
Baby Einstein Discovery Kit here


4 comments:

Susie December 15, 2010 at 6:33 AM  

I have never heard of this! What a GREAT dip idea!

My SiL served turkey chili at our cookie exchange to offset our sugar rush:-)

septembermom December 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

That's a very interesting dip to serve. I'll have to try it.

Elsa December 15, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

My relative made this and brought it for Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if it's the exact same recipe, but it was awesome. I LOVED it!!

Michelle December 15, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Susie - Oh it is awesome. You would love it, and it's super quick to toss together. Bonus? Things I always have in my pantry. Turkey chili would have been a great idea, too. We haven't had any yet this year. Maybe I'll make some tomorrow!

Kelly - It's one I hadn't had before my friend made it at an event I was at last year, but ohhh was it awesome.

Elsa - I'm sure there are a ton of variations. It is definitely one that I'm making a staple for whenever I need to make or bring something.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP