Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Know Myself Well

I am a thirsty person. I drink a lot of water. I know this. I used to drink it only at meals, but when I was working I got into the habit of drinking throughout my day at my desk, partly because I frequently didn't have time for a "real" lunch and at lunch at my desk, too.

I hate waste, though. And it's possibly that I'm a bit ... frugal. Ergo, I'm not about to cart around plastic bottles of water for a number of reasons. Instead, I have my own BPA free bottles of water, and they do travel with my everywhere from PTO meetings to tae kwon do to the gym to carpooling and more.

And since I drink a lot of water, it's the 40 ounce version. Ummm no, not a typo. I actually go through two or three of them a day.

I owned six of them at one time. I now have four. One got left behind at a school meeting a couple years ago and disappeared. Another I gave to my mom, although I don't believe she uses it. The other four? They rotate into use, washed every couple of days by my kind husband.

Best part? They're metal. That's the only reason I haven't had to buy a carload more.


Note that the bottle doesn't stand level anymore. And it is dented slightly near the bottom. And ummm has a huge dent near the top. Thank goodness I was thinking when I bought them!

You know, that reminds me... I should probably get a cover for my Droid sometime soon.

Current Giveaways:
$50 77kids gift certificate here
Little Wonders Company personalized hardcover book here
$25 Build-A-Bear Workshop gift card here
Thomas and Friends Adventure on Misty Island Mega Blocks set here
Lawry's Complete Meal Ideas Gift Pack with casserole here


8 comments:

Susie December 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

I drink a lot to but mine is plastic because I don't like the metalic taste of the metal ones. I may be growing a second head from the chemicals but by golly, my water tastes like water:-) Hee, hee, hee.

Tara R. December 3, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

My daughter played soccer from Kindergarten and well into college. At nearly every tournament she played in, some of the swag was a water bottle. I could pay off the national debt if I ever eBayed those bad boys.

Claudya Martinez December 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

I need to replace my water bottle. I can't be without water at any time or I feel parched.

Michelle December 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Sounds like me! I tote around 1 of those at all times and refill it numerous times throughout the day.

septembermom December 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

I need to get one of those bottles. I love my water too.

Michelle December 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

Susie - That's interesting. I can't taste anything from the stainless steel ones I have, but I could see that being a problem.

Tara - Oh I can imagine. I've given away all the plastic ones, but I'm getting quite the nice collection of metal ones now!

Unknown Mami - Bottle? As in a single one? Oh my dear, you need more. Can Tara or I send you a few? ;)

Michelle - Yep, although hopefully you aren't dropping yours (I did it again today) the way I am mine!

Kelly - You don't have one? Hmmm.... Kelly, send your husband my way!

One Petal At A Time December 7, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

lol its so funny because I also seem to not let go of my water bottles aswell. I have this 3 yr old plastic water bottle that I need to get rid of but havent because its my favorite! lol ugh!

Michelle December 8, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

One Petal At A Time - Once you find your favorite, it's hard to give up. It sounds like both Tara and I have a few that we could share with you though! ;)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP