Monday, December 13, 2010

Because I Needed More Pressure

I'll admit that Christmas somehow snuck up on me this year. Again. I ordered my Christmas cards Friday night, and they'll arrive on the 23rd, which means no one will get them before Christmas. Oops. I created my annual photo calendar Saturday night, which will arrive before Christmas with any luck, although I won't get it to my in-laws in time.

And Christmas shopping? Ha!

I think the wee ones are pretty much taken care of. They're always easy, though. I'm still working on my parents, although my sister is complete. I got some presents for my in-laws, and my husband is taking care of the rest of them. My husband is a bit of a challenge, although I've got a few ideas.

That said, I have almost two weeks before Christmas. That's plenty of time to finish everything up. Plenty of time.

And today, I saw this sign again. I first saw this sign back in early November. November, people! Early November!


Seriously? Last minute gifts? Last minute is the 23rd or 24th. Don't try to tell me that because I haven't finished everything by the 6th of November I need to start panicking and grabbing last minute gifts.

I've got enough pressure on me already trying to fit everything in. Apparently I'm adding another store to my "Do Not Shop" list. That kind of marketing just doesn't work for me.

But hey - if anyone has any ideas of anything I can get my husband, let me know. I'm all ears!

Current Giveaways:
Thomas and Friends Adventure on Misty Island Mega Blocks set here
Lawry's Complete Meal Ideas Gift Pack with casserole here
The Dolphin: Story of a Dreamer DVD with 2 winners here


8 comments:

Dawn Parsons Smith December 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

I hear ya, sister! I couldn't believe Michaels had Christmas out in stores here in Tucson in May!

Melisa Wells December 13, 2010 at 9:49 PM  

I was going to remind you how happy I am that MY holiday is over, but then changed my mind about doing that. :)

I have no idea what you should get for your husband, but if I think of something before the last minute, I'll let you know! :)

Tara R. December 14, 2010 at 6:32 AM  

To be honest, I have no idea how close I am to finishing Christmas shopping. We still have the inlaws, and I have to figure out what I'm getting my husband. I just feel a little behind.

Michelle December 14, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

Dawn - Tell me you're kidding. MAY? Yikes. I couldn't do it.

Melisa - You're so helpful... on so many levels :P

Tara - Glad you're only a little behind. I still haven't done a count of who I *need* to do. Bad me.

Claudya Martinez December 14, 2010 at 5:07 PM  

Q-tips are very useful.

Michelle December 14, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Unknown Mami - You may jest, but I buy Q-tips at Costco JUST for him to use. He may find some in his stocking this year :)

septembermom December 15, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

I thought that I had a lot done, but now I realize that I have more to do. I feel pressure too. There has to be a less stressful way to live through this season.

Mrs4444 December 18, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

I'm too distracted by the "Be the Santa" line. That ticks me off, right along with the "stocking stuffer" ideas in all the ads. Grrrrr. Can't we just let kids believe?!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP