Monday, April 19, 2010

Tasty Tuesday!

Don't forget that I'm still giving away some e.l.f. cosmetics here!

***

Spring is truly ummmm springing in Chicago, and I'm starting to get a real taste for the fruits of summer. Literally. Unfortunately, those fruits tend to be very expensive at this time of year - not to mention flown in from parts very, very far away.

Instead, I'm contenting myself with some of the frozen and jarred varieties to convince myself that the gorgeous days of summer are just around the corner. This recipe is one that my mom used to make all the time when I was growing up. It was one of the few recipes she made that appeared "fancier" and was oh so yummy.

And us being us, we completely mispronounced the name of it as "Peach Cooch-in" but hey, it all tastes the same, right?

Peach Kuchen

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1 3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 c milk
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 29oz jar sliced peaches (you can do jarred or frozen - I prefer the jarred or frozen myself)


Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Mix cinnamon and all but 1 T sugar, and set aside. Cut butter, baking powder, flour and remaining 1 T of sugar together. Pat gently into a pie pan.

Drain and rinse the peaches (or use fresh or thaw the frozen). Layer artfully - my mom's word - over the flour mixture and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the peaches. Bake 30 minutes.

Mix egg and milk. Pour into pan after the first 30 minutes of baking. Bake another 30 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.


Yum! And ummm no, there is no picture. Pictures would mean it survived cutting the first piece, and when I make this, it is GONE.

PS It's really good with ice cream, too. Just sayin'.

Enjoy recipes like this and more with Blessed With Grace and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Nanna April 20, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

sounds like a cobbler made into a pie, love it! will have to give this a try for sure! thanks for sharing
Helen

Together We Save April 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM  

Sounds yummy!!

Michelle April 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM  

Helen - It is somewhat like a cobbler with a shortbread crust but ohhh so much creamier. I think I need to buy more peaches and make it again tomorrow!

Together We Save - Oh but it is. See above ;)

Alexis AKA MOM April 21, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

Oh delish as always!

septembermom April 23, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Your recipes are so easy to follow. Thanks!

Michelle April 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

Alexis - Ohhh it is, it is. I want another one :)

Kelly - Awww, thank you! That's so sweet of you to say. Do you make many of them?

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP