Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Butterscotch Brownies

I love baking. Even more? I love that Mister Man and Little Miss love baking with me. Mister Man is really blossoming with his interest in cooking and baking, and I've begun to ask him what he wants to make to encourage his interest - and yes, it was his idea to do the bacon cheddar stuffed burgers. Pretty creative for a seven year old, no? He also came up with the s'mores cookies we made awhile back.

Whenever I ask him what he wants to make, he seems to come up with a different idea. When I put him in charge of desserts for a party a few weeks back, he immediately pounced upon the idea of making butterscotch brownies. So we did. And they were good.


Butterscotch Brownies

Ingredients:
1/2 c butter (I used dairy free so Little Miss could enjoy these)
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T baking powder
3/4 t salt
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 c (plus - I don't measure, why should you?) chopped dark chocolate - or chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. (Am I the only one who forgets to do this every time?) As with most baked goods, I use my convection oven whenever possible; mine has an auto converter of time and temp, which makes it easy, but I find that baked goods especially bake more evenly with the convection oven. on

Melt the butter, and immediately add the brown sugar. Stir until well combined, and let it cool slightly. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for one to two minutes to get it as light as possible. Add the baking powder and salt, and stir thoroughly. Add the flour and stir until mostly mixed, then add the chips and stir until just combined.

This will be more like cookie dough than brownie batter, so don't be concerned if it's thicker than you expected. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Scoop out spoonfuls onto the pan, then use the back of your spatula to press gently into them to even the batter across the pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for thirty-five minutes, until your tester comes out clean. You don't want to overbake these. Let cool slightly before cutting, then enjoy. Good luck not trying to keep them all to yourself!


Enjoy this and more with Blessed With Grace and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Also posting now with A Southern Fairytale and her Mouthwatering Monday.

Win a Mechatar robot - and find out what they are!

6 comments:

Brandie September 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Yummy!

Heather September 20, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

why must you torture me so? those.look.heavenly.

Pat September 20, 2011 at 5:03 PM  

These look mouth-wateringly good. It's great that you're teaching your kids to cook!

Btw, I made your Torta Di Limoni cake for a church potluck luau and it was a huge hit. I used an angel food cake pan and it was done beautifully (i.e., evenly cooked). The olive oil, lemon zest and freshly squeezed lemon juice makes it heavenly...like eating cake lemonade.

My Recent Favorite Books September 21, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

I love brownies, and these look really good! =)
Im following you from Tempt my tummy tuesday blog hop, your blog looks great!

Michelle September 22, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

Brandie - It so so was. I'm ready to make some more!

Heather - Oh so sorry :s You won't like next week's recipe either. But someday they'll be awesomely great for you to eat.

Pat - They love it. I showed them tonight how to make chicken stock. They were *fascinated* by it. Yay so glad you made the Torta Di Limoni and enjoyed it. Cake lemonade is a perfect way to describe it, too!

Melissa - Awww thank you! They were so good, and thanks for visiting.

Linda Berkowitz October 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

These look great! It is a chilly day here and I am baking anyway, SO I think I will try something new!

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP