Friday, July 13, 2012

All I Want For Christmas (In July) Is My Two Front Teeth

Last year - as in most years since the wee ones were born, I wonder if there is a coincidence there? - I was late getting my Christmas cards out.  I did get them out before Christmas Eve, which is an improvement, but I'm aiming for better this year.

Couple that with the fact that I've always wanted to have a picture of the wee ones where they're missing their two front teeth (because, really, how adorable is that in a child?), and I'm making progress.  You see, Mister Man lost his front teeth in the spring.  I have pictures of him with no front teeth, but none were for the Christmas card.  I pinned all my hopes on Little Miss.  After all, her birthday is earlier in the year than his, so that would help, right?

Wrong.

Little Miss lost her two front teeth, too, nowhere near the Christmas season.  I see no recourse but to take matters into my own hands.  While I debated simply removing their front teeth permanently, I decided their dentist might not like this, nor would my husband.  And my computer skills aren't sufficient to edit them out of the photo I take in December or maybe November if I'm on the ball.

There was only one solution.

Cute Christmas Card Picture with no front teeth

Cute Christmas Card Picture with no front teeth

Wacky Christmas Card Picture with no front teeth

Christmas Card Picture with no front teeth

So which one do you think I should put in the Christmas card this year?

8 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph July 13, 2012 at 5:58 PM  

Ah- a slide of them all is perfect! :)

Steph

tracey.becker1@gmail.com July 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM  

:) The first one, because we can see the missing teeth!

Not a Perfect Mom July 13, 2012 at 11:00 PM  

Def the first one so everyone can see her teeth or else your planning will be for naught!

Tara R. July 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM  

These are great! My vote goes to the first one too.

Pat July 14, 2012 at 2:40 PM  

Oh, definitely the third one...lol.

No, really, the first one.

Your daughter looks SO much like you...with her normal face on!

Unknown July 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM  

I say make a collage of them ... They are all great. And what a great idea!

BTW - Read the post after this and I like to vlog too, although like you I don't do it very often. However, after finding this I might have to link up :-)

Glad I found your blog.

Sandra July 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM  

The first one is adorable. And a collage would be awesome, since her many faces are wonderful, missing front teeth or not!

Michelle July 16, 2012 at 9:43 AM  

Steph - I totally would, but I always end up with SO many entertaining photos, it's hard to have them all be from one day/session. Plus, I think Mister Man might get jealous if they were all her ;)

Tracey - Yeah, that was the best one for the teeth, wasn't it?

Tara - Thanks. Poor kid was roasting in her Christmas dress, so I could only do a few.

Pat - Yeah, she's a peach, isn't she? It's amazing when you look at pictures of me from when I was a kid and they look exactly like her.

Brooke - Thanks. And I had to do something because no front teeth is just such a cute rite of passage for childhood!

Sandra - You saw my card from last year, right? We always get some of the goofy shots in! But shhhh I procrastinated making my husband dig out the stockings so long that... her tooth was actually starting to grow in, so I had to be careful how I shot it ;)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP