Monday, July 13, 2009

Tasty Tuesday!

I can't believe another week has flown by. We've been busy, especially with my husband's best man in town for their annual baseball bacchanalia. In between their treks up to Miller Park and down to Wrigley, I managed to do some cooking for them, for which they were most appreciative. I was even proactively brought a venti caramel macchiato by said friend one morning.

Their favorite was the steak I made for them last year that is always a favorite. But since I posted that one already, I figured I'd go with their second favorite menu item of the week.

Spaghetti with Black Pepper and Pecorino

Ingredients:
8 oz spaghetti, uncooked
2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced (or more -- you can never have enough garlic!)
2 T butter
1 T black pepper, freshly ground
2 c pecorino Romano cheese
salt, to taste


Directions:
in a large saucepan or stockpot bring four quarts water to boil. Add spaghetti, and cook until the pasta is al dente (don't over cook it, please -- just for me). Reserve at least one cup of the water when draining. Do NOT rinse the pasta.

Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil. When hot, add the garlic. Saute until just barely golden, then remove garlic immediately (but not the olive oil). Add the butter and pepper to the pan.

Return 1/2 cup of the reserved water to the saucepan, add the olive oil mixture, and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Stir and heat over medium.

Add the pasta and toss for three minutes until the cheese is melted. Add additional reserved water if it seems too dry. Season with salt to taste.

Place the pasta into a large bowl and top with the reserved garlic. Serve immediately with reserved 1/2 cup cheese.


I love recipes like this that are super easy but really look like you put so much more time and effort into them. In fact, I think I need to make this again this week, now that I think about it. Yum!

Check out recipes like this at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday with Blessed by Grace each week.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Jill July 14, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Anything that includes pasta I will eat! yUM!

The Desperate Cook July 14, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Your Pasta dish sounds wonderful. My Hubs is Italian, so if there is no pasta in the house, there is nothing to eat.

Claudya Martinez July 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

That made my mouth water.

septembermom July 14, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

I'm getting hungry...

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace July 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

I am glad you joined us for TMTT this week.

Martha July 14, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Will you send me some when you make it next time? Yum! I love recipes like this. This will go on my simple meals list. Thanks! I posted a recipe today with a bit of the story behind it - I have people asking for recipes for meals I make with kraft mac and cheese, LOL!

Debbie July 14, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Those are my favorite kinds of recipes! This sounds great.

Pat July 15, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

Love it! So simple and having my favorite ingredients! Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit.

Cookie July 15, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

I love spaghetti! And I totally agree, can never have enough garlic ;) At Afeco field (where the mariners play) They sell garlic fries. The french fries are covered with piles of garlic... Yummy!

Michelle July 15, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

Jill - You soooo have the right idea :) Mmmm pasta! And I'm not even Italian!

Jm Benavidez Estoque - Great. So glad you loved the post. Wait, did you read it?

The Desperate Cook - Oh you've REALLY got to be on your toes then. It is so yummy. SO yummy.

Unknown Mami - Cool! I think that's actually probably the biggest compliment I've received to date.

septembermom - Then come on over! Or hey -- this is easy, make up a batch for your fam :)

Lisa - As always!

Martha - I'm trying to picture how this would travel.... I'm thinking no. BUT it's easy enough for you to make yourself, right?

Debbie - I hope everyone at your fam loves it then!

Pat - Of course. Simple and yet so delish... such a great combo!

Cookie - Busch added that, too, and my husband got them when we went a couple weeks ago. He ate the fries. I ate the garlic :)

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP