Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Feel So Decadent...

Back in January, my parents added an item to our calendar at home. “Aquarium” it said. 8am. When I asked my mom about it, she told me that she was going to take the wee ones to the aquarium on Thursday of spring break. Auntie Megan volunteers there, and she wanted to show them the museum.

If they were going to leave at 8am, my mom decided they needed to spend the night so they could really get going in the morning. I’m ok with that….

Last night, after the wee ones left, I went running with Denise, who’s now going to join me in my C25K journey. Since I was sick all last week and fairly comatose the majority of the time, I ended up starting over at week one, so it worked out perfectly. We even get to go again tomorrow morning before I take the wee ones to their playdate. The only bummer is that it was harder after sitting on my rear for a week and being sick. It’ll come back though.

Then… I took a bath. With bubbles and everything. I think it’s only the third time I’ve used the tub since we moved in a year and a half ago. Not surprisingly, the kitties came to see what I was doing.

And not surprisingly, Meow (the fat one) demonstrated his agility by sliding into the tub. Fortunately, his front paws stayed on the ledge, so only his back half got wet, but he was awfully confused. He isn’t strong enough to pull his bulk out of the tub, so I had to lift him out. Lucky for me, he was too confused to freak out, so I didn’t have to worry about being scratched. Watching the poor, half-drowned rat try to clean himself and dry himself off was quite entertaining. His brother Roar tried to help him, and it was awfully sweet watching the two of them try to fix things.

This morning, I had no children in the house. A day all to ME; what a concept!

I got my hair cut this morning, which was a two hour process somehow. I was able to go shopping at my favorite grocery store – I know, how sad to have a favorite grocery store. I was able to spend some time soliciting for more donations for Mister Man’s preschool fundraiser, although most of the “right people” weren’t there, so I didn’t get any donation in hand. But I did get a yummy bubble tea for lunch!

Then, I got a mani/pedi. After all, I have a wedding to stand up in. I have to look good for it, right? I love my mani/pedi place. They give great hand and foot – including the arm and leg – massages as part of the process. Ahhhh, total relaxation. I even read a little bit of a gossip rag while they did the pedicure.

Really, the only bummer is that I wasn’t able to get a massage appointment for today. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised when I called at 4:30 to ask for an appointment during spring break for the next day. So of course I made an appointment for Friday afternoon. I really can’t wait!

Ok, there’s one other bummer. It’s snowing. It’s been snowing the entire day. Ok, I exaggerate; for a few short periods, it rained instead. Some of it has been giant puffy flakes that came down so fast that it was hard to see. It’s even starting to accumulate, although I don’t think I’ll have to shovel. Needless to say, there was no dinner on the deck, and the chicken I marinated was cooked on my stovetop grill pan instead of the “real” grill.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow… one, simply because I’d like to grill and eat outside – it is spring break after all! – and two because running in 33 degree snowy weather is not my idea of pleasant!

2 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ March 27, 2008 at 8:37 PM  

Ooh, sounds soooo nice! But the snow today was blah!!!

And yeah, I do have you listed on the master contestant list... you are the Michelle right above Shelley--I just didn't include emails on the blog post but they are on the master list so I'll know who you are when I pull your name!

justme March 28, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

you WON the book giveway. email me your home address at feener44atgmaildotcom

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP