Sunday, October 26, 2008

Everyone Has A Job

In Florida, I was told by two oh so precious and precocious children, everyone has a job.

So what are the jobs, I asked innocently.


Wellllll, Grandpa is in charge of food.


Here, we made the mistake of allowing my dad to go to the grocery store by himself. To pick up some chicken for dinner. He came back with three 8 piece fried chicken dinners, a container of potato salad, and a massive cherry coffeecake. You don't want to know the experiences I had going to the store with him. Egads!


Grandma is in charge of the dishwasher.



Mommy is in charge of cooking the food. No picture, of course, because when is there EVER a picture of a mommy?


Mister Man is in charge of putting his trains away before we leave the room each day.



Little Miss is in charge of being a good mommy to Snowy.



And, I was informed on the way to dinner, Grandma is also in charge of Margaritas! (And yes, I had a picture of Grandma at dinner with four margaritas in front of her -- the 2 for 1 special where they have to deliver the second when they deliver the first in Florida -- but someone deleted it.)






9 comments:

Anonymous October 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

My father is exactly the same, which is why he is not allowed to grocery shop alone.

Looks like you had fun!

Melisa Wells October 26, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Grandma looks like she's in her early thirties. I need to talk to Grandma, when she's done with the dishes. ;)

Debbie October 26, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

HI Michelle...that post is hilarious! The margarita's just crack me up...

Do you want to take BATW on a tour of Illinois this week? Click on my profile and shoot me an email.

Dorkys Ramos October 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Haha, funny post! And wonderful pictures. And I think it's time Mommy had her turn in front of the camera :)

MaBunny October 27, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

HAHA too funny! Love the margarita part:)

Cookie October 27, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

That looks like a nice place to stay. And I wouldn't mind helping with those margaritas ;)

Angela October 27, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

My hubby is just like your Dad when he goes to the store. The other day he went for us and came home with the items on the list, but also candy, cupcakes and ice cream. Oh, and hot dogs!!!

Mom October 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

Are you sure that is grandma and not Aunt?? Wow you have some goos genes in your family! Hope Florida is a blast!

Michelle October 27, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Shelly - My dad usually isn't... except that my mom's given up on the food front. I should have gone with him, but someone needed to stay in the pool with the wee ones!

Melisa - Ohh, I think you just made her day! She's 64, so just a touch out of her thirties. I'll give you that she does look a ton younger. I can only hope that it's genetic ;)

Debbie - Yeah... and you just know that they'll repeat that next week in preschool "Grandma's in charge of margaritas"

Dorkys - Ummm yeah. It's funny but most pictures quite honestly don't look like me for some unknown reason. My husband's commented on it, too. And I passed a bit of that gene on to Mister Man. It takes 50 pictures to get one of him looking normal. And unfortunately, if pictures are going to be taken around here, Mommy needs to be the one in charge of the camera!

Mabunny - Yeah... me, too :)

Cookie - It is a great place to stay -- excepting the housekeeping service. And we could have used some help. There was a full one still left over when we left. I would have stayed to drink it, but the wee ones were DONE.

Angela - Oh how fun for you! That would drive me batty if I had to live with it on a regular basis. The entertaining thing is that we're here for literally 11 days. There were five of us here for all but 2 days when my husband flew down and we have 3 half gallons, 3 Haagen Daaz, and two mini B&J cups of ice cream. Oh and a full cake and the leftover cupcakes. Whew! I'm really lucky I can resist most of that.

Steph - Yep, I'm sure :) The aunt is only 11 months younger than my mom.... Oh, and my sister is 15 months younger than me. Florida's been great. Except for the record lows they're predicting tomorrow.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP