Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

We're getting down to the finals days for a couple of these. If you've been thinking about entering, go do it now - a week of summer day camp for ages 5-12 here, a fun Shrek-tacular prize pack here, or a $25 Wal-Mart gift card here.

***

Today, I went to the wee ones' t-ball game. It was hot. I really, really didn't want to put on socks and sneakers, even though I knew I should if I was going to be out on the field coaching (ummm yeah, sucker me is also the t-ball coach).

Nope, I instead chose to wear my favorite pair of oh so comfy summer mules that I wear almost daily - alternating with a couple other similar styles. Granted, they've been due for an update in terms of fashion and wear, but I wasn't quite ready to go shoe shopping yet (and ummm yeah, I know it's odd, but I hate shopping for shoes and have probably fewer pairs than my husband does).

On the field of play, I did my usual - drawing of circles for the children in the field to show them "where you live" while playing each position, helping each child get a batting helmet on and ensuring they are all correctly positioned in the batter's box.

All was well, and I was very contentedly looking forward to my post game freezer pop. I changed Mister Man out of his cleats and back into his gym shoes. As I stood up and began walking over to his equipment bag (I use this term loosely, but bear with me), I noticed that walking was a challenge.

For some reason, my right shoe was making it really hard for me to walk. I kept going and finally realized something was wrong - maybe a stick stuck in my shoe?


No. No, it couldn't be that simple. Somewhere in my overuse and misuse of my shoe, I managed to pull apart the leather upper.

R.I.P. my dear mule.

My $1 flip flops from Target that have been my shower shoes at the gym for the past year and a half fortunately stepped up and managed to get me home, but they are not the long term solution.

Anyone want to go shoe shopping with me?

8 comments:

Karen June 6, 2010 at 9:18 PM  

Ouch, I hate when my fave pair of shoes dies. I hope you can find a perfect pair to replace them.

Alexis AKA MOM June 7, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

Oh girl you're poor feet. Well I guess it was good to have the shower flip flops :(

I'd go shopping with you :)

Pat June 7, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

I hate it when that happens to my favorite shoes. Since they are favorite shoes, they get worn excessively and then it hits.

I hardly ever go shopping for any apparel items now that my husband is home all the time. Plus we live 45 minutes from any decent shopping area. So when I do go clothes/shoe shopping, I grab something quickly and move on to the next thing, usually regretting later what I bought. Retirement in the boonies has its positives and negatives!

Claudya Martinez June 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

They served you well; they were ready to go.

Tara R. June 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

You really should get yourself a good pair of coaching sneakers. It will make you feel all professional and stuff.

Michelle June 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM  

Karen - Me, too. They were soooo comfy. I actually tried to go shoe shopping but couldn't find anything I even wanted to try on.

Alexis - I always keep an emergency sweatshirt and blanket in my car. Apparently it's time to start keeping an emergency pair of shoes, too! ;)

WeaselMomma - It really is. Wanna go shopping with me? :)

Pat - Yep. I'm with you on the excessive use clause for shoes. And where you are... I know a lot of stores have gone out of business, too. Mervyn's and Gottschalks are both gone.

Unknown Mami - Are you saying this because of how ummm worn they looked or just how dirty they were? I promise they weren't that dirty before their excursion into the t-ball dirt!

Tara - There is nothing professional about t-ball. No. Thing. ;)

septembermom June 8, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

Sorry to see their demise for you. I'm sure cute shoes are waiting for you somewhere. Now you just have to find the time to shop for them. Make it a field trip with the kids. LOL. I know that I never find anything with my cranky, "did you find something yet?" bunch!

I would go shopping with you ;)

Michelle June 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

Kelly - I did finally find new shoes. Two pair to replace them actually. And I forgot to wear them when I went to church this weekend. Oops.

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP